Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 01:39 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
Its crazy to think that you and another person have differing opinions. What the heck were they thinking?!?.

I know ,right? I mean I am so lovable and cute!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
PG county the outer beltway is always a sure bet. I would look in the Woodmore/mitcheville area. Nice homes, safe, majority AA. Good selection of schools public and private. If u need a real breakdown let me know
Yes definitely could you do a real breakdown?!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:28 PM

469 posts, read 549,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobooty View Post
Yes definitely could you do a real breakdown?!
Neighborhoods:

Lake Arbor

Woodmore Country Club

Woodmore Highlands

Woods of Woodmore

School options in the area:

Woodmore elementary

Kingsford Elementary school

Specialty Schools:

Glenarden Woods elementary (Tag Center)

Robert Goddard Montessori (K-8)

Private Schools :

River Dale Baptist (K-12)

Holy Trinity (K-8)

Wood stream Academy (k-8)

Dematha (HS)

Elizabeth Seaton (HS)

Bishop Macnamara (HS)

Old 05-26-2018, 11:25 PM

3 posts, read 3,287 times
Keep the breakdown going, its transfer season for my fellow active duty military and their families.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,956 times
What do you guys think of Riverdale area? 20737 area is worth looking into?

Old 04-20-2020, 10:51 AM

58 posts, read 45,159 times
I’ baaccckkkk

I don’t know northern PG County very well but Fort Washington is nice as far as housing and affordability. I’m all about space and Brandywine/Croom have that which is a plus, although there seems to be more and more aggressive drivers on Brandywine Rd. Maybe racing on 210 got old so they want to spice things up and try on Brandywine?

Southern PG is a good investment, COVID notwithstanding. There are some rough spots mainly from ornery adolescents.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklaw86 View Post
I’ baaccckkkk

I don’t know northern PG County very well but Fort Washington is nice as far as housing and affordability. I’m all about space and Brandywine/Croom have that which is a plus, although there seems to be more and more aggressive drivers on Brandywine Rd. Maybe racing on 210 got old so they want to spice things up and try on Brandywine?

Southern PG is a good investment, COVID notwithstanding. There are some rough spots mainly from ornery adolescents.
LOL, I love the way real estate agents come in here and lie about things like no one will notice.The traffic in both place's is out of sight and the crime is rising to, there are not enough schools to handle all the new developments in Brandywine or Southern PG.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:58 AM

161 posts, read 83,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG10 View Post
I read the thread that was started in 2008 in which several posters broke down the "good" and "bad" areas of PG. Looks like it was resurrected by a few posts a few days ago.

Would anyone be willing to provide an updated response to that original question?

Background: Husband and I are looking to buy and we are considering MoCo, PG and Howard Counties. We are willing to spend up to 650k (but we don't WANT to spend that much, lol).

We are African American with two children. We are willing to pay for private school if needed.

What neighborhoods do you love? Which ones would you avoid?
Well Beltsville, Greenbelt, Laurel area is good. Overall safe but somewhat decline. Much more traffic around RT one.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:28 AM

https://wtop.com/maryland/2020/01/tr...-head-highway/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland