Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:15 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
On the opposite lanes of four lane streets? I doubt it.

Again, I'm not talking about passing a school bus on a two lane street.
Just STOP!!! You're trying to justify something that everyone who drives knows is wrong all becuase you got caught. Pay the ticket and stop the thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,876,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Just STOP!!! You're trying to justify something that everyone who drives knows is wrong all becuase you got caught. Pay the ticket and stop the thread!
I'm simply saying that in many states, you don't have to stop because everybody here is saying you do. I can't believe how difficult this is to comprehend. In Maryland and many other states, you do have to stop on four lane undivided streets. In Missouri and many other states you don't have to stop on four lane undivided streets.

It is not the same everywhere.

It's similar to being able to turn right on red. Different states have different laws.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,758,884 times
It is universal. The standard is set by the US Government and all states have similar laws. All based on the findings of the National Safety Council.

You are the one that is out of tune, with school bus laws. I remember it was on my test for my first drivers license in 1947 in California, and over the years I have been licensed in several states, and the law has been universal.

You are complaining about the size of the fine. They are trying to send you a message, as you are violating one of the most universal laws there is. They want to let you know, if you are not looking for the safety of children it will cost you enough you will remember not to do it again.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I'm simply saying that in many states, you don't have to stop because everybody here is saying you do. I can't believe how difficult this is to comprehend. In Maryland and many other states, you do have to stop on four lane undivided streets. In Missouri and many other states you don't have to stop on four lane undivided streets.

It's similar to being able to turn right on red. Different states have different laws.
You can not justify your ignorance of the law. Stop .

Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Good thing the kids didn't get off the bus and beat you up.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Good thing the kids didn't get off the bus and beat you up.

........no, he woulda driven right through them and then blamed the kids.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,459 times
OP did the crime now just pay the fine. And be thankful that a student didn't get injured due to carelessness on your part

Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 AM

707 posts, read 1,407,333 times
Quote:

If your so convinced that your right then go take it to court and see what the judge says if you don't
believe any of us and what we've been telling you.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:33 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,254,667 times
You mean that you didn't get a copy of the entire Maryland Motor Vehicle Code and study it thoroughly when you first arrived here?

OK, if you feel like taking it to court, go ahead. You can tell the judge of the difference in statute between Maryland and where you had lived previously, and that you had been unaware of it, as well as referencing your clean driving record and the fact that your appearance in court has now made you plenty aware of the Maryland law. Of course, the judge can hit you with the "ignorance is no excuse" line that you've already heard ad nauseum from previous posters, but he can also give you a break if he wants to.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,862,731 times
I agree with most on here. Best to just bite the ticket and move on. Traffic/car laws can be really damaging, so getting off with just having to pay a fine is a gift.

Different topic, but People who do parking lot or parked car "hit and runs" without leaving a note can be charged for a misdemeanor in almost every state with a heavy fine and jail time. Most thing it's a minor mistake and don't think anything of it (of course, for those on the receiving end, it is a big deal ). Then when they are caught by camera or an anonymous onlooker, they all the sudden realize how wrong it was and start shaking in their boots when they realize the trouble they can get into.

My point is that, most car/traffic related violations beyond a speeding ticket, can have very serious consequences. Best to chalk this up to a learning lesson and move on. Even speeding tickets in Virginia, will get your name online and brought up as a "police record" when they Google your name. Happened to a friend I knew. She got a simple speeding ticket, and when you google her name (she has a pretty unique name), the details are front and center in the search results and it shows up under "records/violations" on some other Identification sites. She was livid, lol. Gotta love technology..... Best to avoid even minor tickets/violations at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland