Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2018, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 791 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I’m a new member here! I’m looking for advice on what to do. My 10 year old son was molesting his 5 year old sister. Child protective services are involved now. They said he has to be separated from her. He is staying at my mothers house. CPS says they both have to go to therapy. I was wondering has anyone gone through this before? The therapist has to release him before he can come back to my home. Does anyone know how long therapy will be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 01:34 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenvquiroga View Post
Hello everyone I’m a new member here! I’m looking for advice on what to do. My 10 year old son was molesting his 5 year old sister. Child protective services are involved now. They said he has to be separated from her. He is staying at my mothers house. CPS says they both have to go to therapy. I was wondering has anyone gone through this before? The therapist has to release him before he can come back to my home. Does anyone know how long therapy will be?
I sincerely hope this is just trolling, but you're in the wrong forum. And speak with a family law attorney instead of random people on the internet.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:39 AM

170 posts, read 188,318 times
bufflove, show some empathy for others that may not be as equipped as you are in certain subject matters. Also, I think talking to the therapist about how long therapy will be makes more sense than any in response to the question "Does anyone know how long therapy will be?" I suspect, however, that the therapist will give a noncommital answer that will be along the lines of "It depends on the progress made with your son."

Old 11-28-2018, 06:41 PM

662 posts, read 783,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenvquiroga View Post

At 10 years old have you considered that your son himself may have been abused?

Old 11-28-2018, 06:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
At 10 years old have you considered that your son himself may have been abused?
You get into the classical case of playing doctor. We did in the 10,11,12 year old age group. Do not remember anyone using a younger kid but it could certainly happen. Everyone was very curious about how the other gender was put together.

We all outgrew it in time with no great damage. Many remained friends through high school where all that got much more interesting.

I would think OP should simply cooperate with the therapist and try to help any way possible. Our thing never got past a couple of parents talking and putting the fear into young minds. CPS adds another dimension.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 AM

662 posts, read 783,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You get into the classical case of playing doctor. We did in the 10,11,12 year old age group. Do not remember anyone using a younger kid but it could certainly happen. Everyone was very curious about how the other gender was put together.

We all outgrew it in time with no great damage. Many remained friends through high school where all that got much more interesting.

I would think OP should simply cooperate with the therapist and try to help any way possible. Our thing never got past a couple of parents talking and putting the fear into young minds. CPS adds another dimension.
What are you talking about? Professionals know the difference between playing games and abuse. Stop trying to dismiss a real issue with your folksy stories about your youth.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
What are you talking about? Professionals know the difference between playing games and abuse. Stop trying to dismiss a real issue with your folksy stories about your youth.
Playing doctor easily crossed over into sexual abuse. No intercourse but about everything else. The outcome however was contained within the families involved.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:21 PM

7,017 posts, read 11,307,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

There in is probably your problem. Exploration among same age kids may or may not be abuse. The difference between a 10 year old and a 5 year old is significant not just in years, but experience, ability to separate fantasy and reality, knowledge of human reproductive biology, emotional maturity, etc.

Or to put it another way, a 10 year old is pretty close to finding their first "boyfriend/girlfriend" if they haven't already, and are on the way to Middle School. A 5 year old has been out of diapers for 2 years, and may not even be in Kindergarten yet depending on what month they were born.

Last edited by westsideboy; 11-29-2018 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland