Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 07:30 AM

196 posts, read 205,937 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.94d73dc0dcb6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 01:07 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalux View Post
Most online news of any value in the United States require subscriptions. Further, if you're a government employee, you get WaPo for free. Even if you're not, it's not expensive.
Or you can clear you cache once in a while.

Hmmm, both my Parents are retired 15's, I will ask....

Old 01-02-2019, 07:40 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Most online news of any value in the United States require subscriptions. Further, if you're a government employee, you get WaPo for free. Even if you're not, it's not expensive.

Here is a little tip about WaPo. You can read the articles for free on a mobile phone. Specifically using a cookie-free browser. If you are a Google Chrome user, your visits are tracked on every device you use Google Chrome, if you are logged in to the browser. However, when I've had one article left to read on Chrome, I would launch the Safari browser on my phone and I wouldn't see that article limit message.

If you can't read a WaPo article on your computer, try it on your phone in another browser.

I'll add, WaPo subscriptions should be for free for Amazon Prime members. But I digress.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 01-02-2019 at 08:03 AM..

Old 01-02-2019, 11:01 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,044 times
Another tip...You can just hit the Esc key on your keyboard while the WaPo page is loading to prevent further page execution which includes the tracking code. Specifically, you need to hit Esc as soon as you see the article load as it seems the rest of the page execution involves loading comments, displaying ads, and running the tracking execution code which is what redirects you from the article.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:24 AM

170 posts, read 188,318 times
Most of you guys are government, so you can sign up for a free subscription (Google search the process). I am testament that the process works.

As for the rest of you, it's cheaper than a Netflix account, and you probably would use it more.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Most of you guys are government, so you can sign up for a free subscription (Google search the process). I am testament that the process works.

As for the rest of you, it's cheaper than a Netflix account, and you probably would use it more.
I just signed up on Amazon. Prime members get 6 months free. Then $3.99/month afterward. Meh. At least I get points for using my Amazon card.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:45 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
The most cost effective move would be to build a new stadium on the FedEx Field site, just like the Mets did with the change from Shea to Citifield. Then Snyder should construct some kind of monorail that takes people from Morgan Avenue to the parking lot- it could run in a continuous circle.

Of course, there is no commercial activity there and that is the new paradigm. No doubt Danny watched the Stanley Cup and saw everyone hanging out downtown. A much more attractive image than that hideous pit the Skins call home (what was JKC thinking?).

So I would assume he would look at any site that has some commercial potential. The FedEx site could be used for lots of things, including housing.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The most cost effective move would be to build a new stadium on the FedEx Field site, just like the Mets did with the change from Shea to Citifield. Then Snyder should construct some kind of monorail that takes people from Morgan Avenue to the parking lot- it could run in a continuous circle.

Of course, there is no commercial activity there and that is the new paradigm. No doubt Danny watched the Stanley Cup and saw everyone hanging out downtown. A much more attractive image than that hideous pit the Skins call home (what was JKC thinking?).

So I would assume he would look at any site that has some commercial potential. The FedEx site could be used for lots of things, including housing.
There is already housing there in the area that is unsold built on the thought the the FBI was coming ,thanks trump.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:45 AM

125 posts, read 154,058 times
I'd rather have the FBI HQ or Amazon HQ2 at the Oxon Hill farm than a stadium that will just take up space. if you are going destroy a beautiful part of the area at least do something more valuable than a stadium.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:16 AM

196 posts, read 205,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch666 View Post
I'd rather have the FBI HQ or Amazon HQ2 at the Oxon Hill farm than a stadium that will just take up space. if you are going destroy a beautiful part of the area at least do something more valuable than a stadium.
Yes, Just building a stadium will be a under utilization of valuable land, That's why I wanted to see what else can be developed with the stadium so that the area is used as per its potential,

HQ2 and FBI would be great but ......

We can add on the list, Office space for corporate Headquarter, in the list of projects that can be incorporated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland