U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 04:41 PM

114 posts, read 838,900 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I will have commute two days a week from University of Maryland , College Park to UM baltimore college of dental surgery on 666 W Baltimore St. I will have to use public transportation and was wondering if anyone has any ideas of which buses/trains to take. I was planning to take the B30 bus to BWI and then the light rail to Lexington Market or super shuttle, but not sure if there is an easier route.
Any comments and suggestions are helpful. I have to do this for 2 days a week for 4 weeks.
thanks,
MS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 07:42 PM

12 posts, read 118,132 times
You could look into taking the MARC Camden Line from College Park (right at the Metro station) to Camden Yards. It is not a far walk from the CY station to W. Baltimore St. And the light rail is there too if you are really not interested in walking.

Here is a link to the schedule. (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/MARC_CAMDEN_LINE_HTML.cfm - broken link) It looks like they have some timely options.

However, I do hear that service on the MARC Camden Line can be spotty. Should have a present or former rider chime in here. Best of luck.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:58 AM

156 posts, read 748,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoreterp View Post
You could look into taking the MARC Camden Line from College Park (right at the Metro station) to Camden Yards. It is not a far walk from the CY station to W. Baltimore St. And the light rail is there too if you are really not interested in walking.

Here is a link to the schedule. (http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/schedulesSystemMaps/MARC_CAMDEN_LINE_HTML.cfm - broken link) It looks like they have some timely options.

However, I do hear that service on the MARC Camden Line can be spotty. Should have a present or former rider chime in here. Best of luck.
I ride the Camden line everyday. It's not spotty, it runs according to schedule. It does not have as entensive schedule as the Penn line (maybe that's what you meant by spotty). Then as you say you can pick up the Light Rail.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi thanks for the replies. just a follow up question. Is it safe to walk around that area after I get off at camden? Or do I have to take the light rail?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:06 PM

156 posts, read 748,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minusach View Post
Hi thanks for the replies. just a follow up question. Is it safe to walk around that area after I get off at camden? Or do I have to take the light rail?
You'll be fine walking from Camden Yards. The only problem with the Marc Camden line is that there are no trains running in the middle of the day. It's basically a commuter line, so it runs morning and afternoon. It's not like a subway train. Not sure when you'd be travelling, but check the schedule and see it it works for you.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:32 PM

757 posts, read 2,403,402 times
Minusach,
There was an article in the "getting there" section of the Sun a few months ago about the route that you originally proposed (light rail to the B30 Metrobus at BWI). I can't find it now, but the general theme was that it's a route from Baltimore to DC that few know about. I've noticed signs advertising it on MTA buses since the article appeared. It doesn't sound like it would be very fast, but it might serve as a backup plan in a pinch if the Camden Line isn't running.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I checked the marc website and the trains start from 7 am towards baltimore to college park. And I need to reach at 7am, so I guess I will find something else out. While coming back I guess I can use the light rail and the marc train.
MS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>