Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,920 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

what is the typical vibe of clarksburg, md? I know every city has a different vibe (houston was very outgoing with lots to do, bethesda seems very political and wealthy). How would you describe? Is the income range comparable to people of bethesda/chevy chase, diversity, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 09:09 PM

178 posts, read 162,012 times
I would expect plenty of well-to-doers looking for new, cheaper yet still pretty expensive housing to move to the batch of new development in Clarksburg. So expect Chinese, Indians, Hispanics.

One method is to pick a street in the Clarksburg area(I take it you are looking at the more developed streets) and put it into SDAT. Then you see a list of homeowners.

I used murdock ridge as an example.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:08 PM

27,556 posts, read 28,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeglory View Post
Hi everyone,

what is the typical vibe of clarksburg, md? I know every city has a different vibe (houston was very outgoing with lots to do, bethesda seems very political and wealthy). How would you describe? Is the income range comparable to people of bethesda/chevy chase, diversity, etc?
No. Bethesda and Chevy Chase are 2 of the wealthiest cities in Maryland. A house typically costs $400 per square foot.

Clarksburg is solidly middle to upper-middle class. Houses are around $200 per square foot.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:40 PM

4,397 posts, read 4,286,737 times
Seems like a lot of Indians are moving there now. It’s overall pretty diverse though. The income isn’t as high as Bethesda. It’s pretty upper middle class.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:40 PM

13 posts, read 12,826 times
Arrogant upper-middle-class folks in cookie-cutter McMansions who wish they could afford W clusters and B-CC.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatan View Post
Arrogant upper-middle-class folks in cookie-cutter McMansions who wish they could afford W clusters and B-CC.
I admit I have no idea what W clusters is.

It's got to be secret code for something.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:40 PM

45,350 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I admit I have no idea what W clusters is.

It's got to be secret code for something.
I'm guessing Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda. B-CC is Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm guessing Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda. B-CC is Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School.
Yes, W clusters probably means Whitman, Wootton, Winston Churchill and Walter Johnson.

I should have known. Slow day I guess.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:47 PM

13 posts, read 12,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yes, W clusters probably means Whitman, Wootton, Winston Churchill and Walter Johnson.

I should have known. Slow day I guess.
Yes, that’s exactly what W clusters are. The most affluent schools in Montgomery County, most of which start with a “W” and are all the high schools you listed. B-CC and Poolesville don’t start with a “W,” but they are very similar in the sense that they are mostly white/Asian and serve mostly affluent students.

I think a year ago, there was some kind of redistricting involving the Clarksburg and Seneca Valley High Schools, and the Clarksburg parents lost their minds at the idea of their kids being moved to SV. Lawsuits were filed, and they claimed that MCPS used demographics as a factor to move people even though Clarksburg and SV have very similar levels of racial diversity. MCPS was only trying to utilize capacity and ease crowding at Clarksburg. The Clarksburg parents thought they were above sending their kids to SVHS, a “less affluent school,” and that’s why they come off as wannabe W parents.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,920 times
Thanks for the responses.

So far they seem like a very diverse population with mixed backgrounds. Friendly but also more live and let live group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
View detailed profiles of: