Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 10:22 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
No! Terrible.
Having driven all over the country, IMO Boston is the worst!

And keep in mind all the people from all over the country who work for the fed and other organizations who now drive in Md.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
The point is, leaf blower noise is necessary for practical reasons and no one manipulates it to purposely annoy others.

Enhanced exhaust noises however.........are enhanced for no practical or necessary reason UNLESS ego boosting is a necessity for messed up minds. And I doubt that it works for long.
".are enhanced for no practical or necessary reason UNLESS ego".

Don't know much about car or even boat or any other motor racing, I see!

It never ceases to amaze me how some who know very little if anything at all about a subject, THINK they know everything and don't mind making fools of themselves with their claims!

Old 01-03-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhornet View Post
Noisiest place I ever lived was Chesapeake Beach, MD. Trucks and noisy cars. Outrageous. Epic.

Second noisiest is Annandale, VA. Certain groups of people use their horn as a regular part of driving.
"Noisiest place I ever lived was"

Haven't traveled much, I see.

And are you really going to claim New York City, L.A. etc. are quieter then Chesapeake Beach?

Old 01-03-2024, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
OP stirred the pot and then ran. Any place big on cars NC/SC for example will have their share of tricked out loud cars ,that or anywhere near a high school.
No different then any other place in America.

Old 01-08-2024, 12:27 PM

21,626 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm born and raised in the Boston area and so was my husband. We both agree that MA has the worst drivers. I've lost count of those who ran red lights even when a pedestrian was trying to cross the street. Once I saw a driver speed through a red light and T-bone a car that had the right of way. When I was in HS, a friend and I were crossing at a busy intersection when a drunk driver ran the light and hit us both. I didn't start driving until we moved to VA, which wasn't long after my husband got his DL in MA. Ironically, the driving test to get one's license was tougher in MA. It made the driving test I took in VA look like a joke.
When I first moved to Baltimore I knew I was going to get hit because I saw all the ridiculous driving.

One day I was coming north on Eden Street past Fleet Street and saw reckless driving headed west. At that moment I literally said aloud to myself- "Im gonna get hit in the next 6-8 weeks" Sure enough.... heading south on Belair Road one afternoon I was hit by a driver who just swung his car out of the turn-only lane into my driver's side. No signal, last minute. I didn't even blink or flinch because I knew it was my time. I calmly pulled over....He left me with a fake insurance card an my insurance took car of it.

Happened in 2023 on North Ave I was heading East toward PRIDE celebrations. Stopped at a redlight. Just absolutely rear-ended by a woman who had- you guessed it- expired insurance.

I've heard these stories from friends too.

BOS2IAD your anecdotes aren't backed by facts like mine are. Massachusetts 6 ca accident death per 100k. Maryland 9 car accident deaths per 100k.

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings...ar%20accidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland