Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times

Advertisements

Here are more aticles regarding the improvements of PG county schools.
Deasy’s plans taking root

Prince George's County hopes to increase AP presence in schools - News (http://media.www.diamondbackonline.com/media/storage/paper873/news/2007/02/02/News/Prince.Georges.County.Hopes.To.Increase.Ap.Presenc e.In.Schools-2693197.shtml - broken link)

Please read this article regarding PG county residents are moving to Charles County for cheaper housing.
Red Maryland: Charles County Schools Set To Become Majority Black

Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM

99 posts, read 505,265 times
Both of those articles on the school are from over a year ago! NCLB sanctions change every year. You might as well say the most "updated" gas prices are around $2.50 a gallon.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Well find me your article for 2008 with updated information about the same topic because their are none.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM

My information did not come from a newspaper article. It was in a report made available to teachers this academic year giving the status of all school systems within the state of maryland. Baltimore City and PGCPS were the only 2 under corrective action. I am sure if you would like to you would be able to find similar information by simply googling "Prince George's County Public Schools" and "corrective action" or "watch list".

Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 PM

Since you found the article then why not post it. I found the articles and the state did not put PG county schools under Corrective actions because Dr dreasy had a new plan to improve PG county schools and the state decided that since PG county schools administrations are moving in the right directions in improving the school they changed their minds.

I posted my article that I found when I googled PG county school Corrective action.
Since you found your article why not post it. How have no evidence of this. Stop posting false information.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM

As I have stated before:

"Both of those articles on the school are from over a year ago! NCLB sanctions change every year. You might as well say the most "updated" gas prices are around $2.50 a gallon."

and

"My information did not come from a newspaper article. It was in a report made available to teachers this academic year giving the status of all school systems within the state of maryland"

There is no ARTICLE. It was a report, a piece of paper, that I cannot magically give an internet link for.

Please actually read my posts before commenting.

P.S. In your article while it is kept off of corrective action (at that time) it was still placed on the watch list.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM

14 posts, read 62,339 times
I think it is quite interesting that some people have absolutely no teaching experience and no experience in working in the PG county schools, but yet claim that they know what they are talking about on this topic. I acknowledge that yes, not all schools in PG county are horrible, but there are very few good ones. I happened to teach for one year in one of the many bad ones, and it was a nightmare of an experience. Test scores were horrible as well as the environment. I know from experience and testing data, that if most of their schools were like my former school, the system has a HUGE problem. Also keep in mind that if you teach in PG or any Maryland county, you gain access to studies and updates regarding testing standards that not just anyone has. These are usually given to teachers and administrators in their school mailboxes or on the employee intranet. Like mbieber1029 said about the report he saw, I read that as well. Once again, it was it was distributed to faculty members in my school. So until you truly have experienced MSA testing and teaching in a PG county school, stop claiming to act like you know everything on the topic.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,425,582 times
Moderator note:
As this thread has drifted into a debate and members have recognized that fact, it's time to put a lock on it.
7th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland