Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM

512 posts, read 1,635,487 times

Advertisements

Fjennell while you post a lot of facts. You post them more in a negative light towards P.G. In posting facts you also have to post the goods. Opinions are only good if they are fair and balanced, not negative and one sided. Like my post. I know what is good and what is bad about P.G. I grew up there. How long did you live there? Better yet have you ever lived in P.G.? If you have your probably had a bad experience. Often time when one has a bad experience they are overly focused on the negatives and not the positives. All I'm asking is to be fair.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM

25 posts, read 87,690 times
I think I know a little bit more than what you think of PG County.
Considering I live in Silver Spring on the border of both Montgomery and PG; I get the best of two worlds. One thing that irritates me is though making a biased assertion with the usage of statistics in order to fortify one's argument. I simply compared Prince Georges County's parts, sorry I did not classify southern PG accurately which does crumble part of my argument, though simply there are good and bad areas similar to California's parts or anywhere else for that matter.

What do you all think of District Heights?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,411,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Styles View Post

What do you all think of District Heights?

District Heights?? again I'm trying to be positive here...I grew up in Clinton....also lived in Greenbelt ..Im 40 years old...I left in 1997. I worked in DC as a plumber for 15 years in all areas of DC the good parts (which was not many) and mostly in the bad parts. Also alot in the border towns of DC in PG which were all mostly crime ridden.

District Heights was horrible then and I'm sure its not much better now. If I were you I'd stay in Montgomery County myself.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 AM

273 posts, read 1,483,033 times
If facts are negative, well that's not my problem. I can't control facts.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 AM

The thing about statistics is that they have errors. That's why they usually calculate stats for margin of error. I could have gone off of statistics all day about Waldorf or Clinton, but in the end it is what fits you the best. You can use statistics to prove a point that a place is bad. You can also do it for Good. When talking about a place give a fair assessment. Example. P.G. has good areas. Bowie, Upper Marlboro etc.... It's a big county close to the metro and beltway Cheapest county with in minutes to D.C. Bad. the schools need help, property taxes are getting ridiculous so are the home prices. Crime tends to be a problem along the boarder cities of D.C. That is a fair opinion. I'm giving you the good and the bad.

As far as District Heights is concern. My sister lives in the new condos on walker mill road. It's gated community. I believe the development is St Paul's. I really don't know what to say about it. The parts near Marlboro Pike tend to be ghetto ish. While the end where Forestville Road seems okay. My mother in law stayed on Kipling Pkwy. It was quite.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM

144 posts, read 630,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjennell View Post
If facts are negative, well that's not my problem. I can't control facts.
Mam, Sir, with all due respect, what are you talking about? You post data and mislead people with it. You compare apples to oranges in an absolute sense

You posted information on the demographics between Waldorf and Upper Marlboro. One area being approximately six times as dense as the other in terms of population then compare the values regarding crime in an absolute sense without properly deciphering the information.

Your hate agenda is obvious.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM

273 posts, read 1,483,033 times
The only reason I posted those facts was because another poster was constantly comparing PG/Charles and making claims about certain areas without posting any statistical info to back it up. I don't hate PG. At least I don't get on here and just start giving only my opinion. I always use some type of data. It's up to people to research for themselves but this forum should allow all types of info and I don't see why you would get mad at me for posting it. If you have positive info you would like to post, go right ahead. As for me misleading people, well I see a lot of others misleading people by saying things that they cannot support with facts.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:50 AM

Well yes you have brought up the facts of the statistics. Very good for that desired post. But every time someone shows interest in P.G. here you come breaking out the "facts" never breaking down the fact that there is good in the county as well as bad. That is all we are trying to say fjennell. If you had more of a balanced opinion on things, then maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Exclamation Can we stay on topic this time??

I guess I have to post here now since "haters" got my thread shut down !!!

Yes, I believe there are some commonalities between PG County and LA County.

A) They both get a bad rap for only certain areas
B) They both have quite a few well-off areas and residents
C) Most people who have never lived in the county bash it (this is true with
LA, I lived there for over 8 years) and/or, if they cannot afford to live in
the nice/safe areas, assume that their neighborhood represents the
entire county!

So yes, there are some similarities.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:38 PM

331 posts, read 1,197,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky3301 View Post
District Heights?? again I'm trying to be positive here...I grew up in Clinton....also lived in Greenbelt ..Im 40 years old...I left in 1997. I worked in DC as a plumber for 15 years in all areas of DC the good parts (which was not many) and mostly in the bad parts. Also alot in the border towns of DC in PG which were all mostly crime ridden.

District Heights was horrible then and I'm sure its not much better now. If I were you I'd stay in Montgomery County myself.
I was raised and educated in Prince Georges County. I am currently a school teacher in this county. I consider myself the face of everything good about this county. It is a wonderful place to live. The school system is cleaning house and many teachers I know of are losing their jobs because they are not highly-qualified. This school system is no longer "giving" jobs away.

About District Heights:
I live on the edge of District Heights in Forestville. District Heights is a quiet, incorporated town with beautiful older homes.

Just watch your back on Marlboro Pike, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland