Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:45 PM

646 posts, read 2,667,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabelle View Post
U.S. News and World Report, America's Best High Schools
Best High Schools Search - US News and World Report

Two time National Blue Ribbon Award, as well as New American High School
AYPF Trip Report - Eleanor Roosevelt High School (http://www.aypf.org/tripreports/2001/tr120301.htm - broken link)

Siemens Award for Advanced Placement
Education Week: Honors & Awards

Thank you for the links.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,004 times
I have read over and over again how ALL of Pg county schools have low grades and are all horrible now that I post random PG county schools so people can see the truth for themselves others want to now find some else to question as if they only want one side of the story to be mention about PG county.

I for one know that their are Excellent schools in Pg county and I am here to let others know that PG county do have its good and you and your family can live a wonderful/peaceful life here in PG county MD

Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 PM

206 posts, read 633,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Above you said Laurel/Greenbelt so I found Laurel and Greenbelt and you the information is too good to be true for. I guess you can not handle the truth.
I inadvertently mentioned Laurel, but again, you mentioned a Bowie school. Pointer Ridge is in Bowie.

Also, the original poster asked for Beltsville and Greenbelt, go find some more Beltsville ES with great test scores.

BTW, still waitinng for your list of terrible Bethesda elementary schools.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I have read over and over again how ALL of Pg county schools have low grades and are all horrible now that I post random PG county schools so people can see the truth for themselves others want to now find some else to question as if they only want one side of the story to be mention about PG county.

I for one know that their are Excellent schools in Pg county and I am here to let others know that PG county do have its good and you and your family can live a wonderful/peaceful life here in PG county MD
Again, please find those great ones in Beltsville and Greenbelt that are better than Bethesda, as you boldly promised, since you said you're clever.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:

It is, when you compare them to Fairfax, Montgomery, and Howard County...all in the DC Suburbs.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handy man88 View Post
Please tell me what your stats tell you about the following schools:

MC:

Churchill HS
Whitman HS
Wootton HS
Walter Johnson HS
Bethesda Chevy Chase HS

vs.

PG:

Bowie HS
Roosevelt
Parkdale
DuVal
Oxon Hill
Charles Flowers
Laurel HS
High Point
Suitland

I see what you do for Montgomery county you only pull out a few schools that you think are in those higher income areas in Montgomery county and not the schools that are located in the lower income areas of the county.

What I do I randomly pull schools I do not just list schools that are inhiger income areas or I compare Apples to Apples.

If a school in either PG county or Montgomery county are located in higer income areas I will compare those but I will not compare lower income area schools to higher income area schools that is not fair.

I can compare schools in Bowie to schools in Bethesda because both areas incomes are comparable to each other.

I can not compare Bowie to Silver Spring because Bowie income per household is higher then silver spring.

I can not compare Bethesda schools to Hyattsville schools. Bethesda income per household is higher then Hyattsville which means better schools/test scores.
How I see you compare areas is not fair. You need fair and balance information/data.

If you want me to compare high schools I will compare high income to high income not rich areas to poor areas.

You only listed 5 high schools in Montgomery County those 5 are located in high income areas why not also list Blair,Blake,Paint Branch,SpringBrook high school is it because those are not located in the high income areas so you left them out.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:09 PM

331 posts, read 1,197,853 times
You two need to stop going back and forth in a no win argument. The truth is we know what population we serve. Yes, Prince Georges County is home to many affluent Blacks but there is a population that I serve daily and that is the lower end.

I teach children everyday who I know go home to chaos. I know that I am often the only stable person that they see daily. I taught in the lowest performing high school in this county. I witnessed teens who were suspended sneak into the building twice a day just to eat. Those were the only 2 good meals that they might have that day.

I have seen the poverty in this county up front and close. It's not that the schools are so bad and the teachers aren't teaching, etc. There are other factors involved.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I see what you do for Montgomery county you only pull out a few schools that you think are in those higher income areas in Montgomery county and not the schools that are located in the lower income areas of the county.

What I do I randomly pull schools I do not just list schools that are inhiger income areas or I compare Apples to Apples.

If a school in either PG county or Montgomery county are located in higer income areas I will compare those but I will not compare lower income area schools to higher income area schools that is not fair.

I can compare schools in Bowie to schools in Bethesda because both areas incomes are comparable to each other.

I can not compare Bowie to Silver Spring because Bowie income per household is higher then silver spring.

I can not compare Bethesda schools to Hyattsville schools. Bethesda income per household is higher then Hyattsville which means better schools/test scores.
How I see you compare areas is not fair. You need fair and balance information/data.

If you want me to compare high schools I will compare high income to high income not rich areas to poor areas.

You only listed 5 high schools in Montgomery County those 5 are located in high income areas why not also list Blair,Blake,Paint Branch,SpringBrook high school is it because those are not located in the high income areas so you left them out.
Excuses!

Pick the schools in the high income areas in Montgomery and then compare them to the schools in the high income areas in PG.

Compare Bowie HS (Bowie), Charles Flowers (Upper Marlboro), and DuVal (Bowie and Glenndale) to Whitman (Potomac), Churchill (Potomac), BCC (Bethesda), etc.

Do it!

YOU'RE the one who said you could find schools in Beltsville and Greenbelt that are better than Bethesda, not me!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:15 PM

I have been reading over and over again how every single school in Montgomery County is better the Pg county. I have also read how you can live anywhere in Montgomery county and your child will attend good schools. Whenever I read these kind of comments I find them so funny because I know if you want good schools in Montgomery County you have to pay to have good schools. I randomly choose schools in Montgomery County test scores so you can see the truth.

I do not know where these schools are located in Montgomery County because the website did not post address so if your child will attend schools in Montgomery COunty you need to do your research to make sure the school is good. Living in Montgomery County does not mean good schools.

Now if you compare these to the schools in PG county you will see Pg county test scores are higher.

2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Fairland Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Gaithersburg Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Galway Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Greencastle Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Twinbrook Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Meadow Hall Elementary

Old 09-12-2008, 09:16 PM

I have been reading over and over again how every single school in Montgomery County is better the Pg county. I have also read how you can live anywhere in Montgomery county and your child will attend good schools. Whenever I read these kind of comments I find them so funny because I know if you want good schools in Montgomery County you have to pay to have good schools. I randomly choose schools in Montgomery County test scores so you can see the truth.

I do not know where these schools are located in Montgomery County because the website did not post address so if your child will attend schools in Montgomery COunty you need to do your research to make sure the school is good. Living in Montgomery County does not mean good schools.

Now if you compare these to the schools in PG county you will see Pg county test scores are higher.

2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Gaithersburg Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Galway Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Greencastle Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Twinbrook Elementary
2008 Maryland Report Card: Montgomery County - Meadow Hall Elementary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland