Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Ido Ido started this thread

2 posts, read 7,434 times

Advertisements

Hello

I'm a young (31), single guy, planning relocation from Israel to the States for a postdoctoral fellowship at the NIH, Bethesda. I am looking at the Washington DC/ Bethesda / Rockville areas for renting a condo (my budget is $1000-1300 for 1 bed room apt.). I'd like to live around where other people my age are and in the vicinity of good places for hangout. Living at Bethesda is closer to my work but I do not mind to travel a bit for work by the metro.
Does anyone have thoughts/information on where people around my age tend to live along wisconsin ave/rockville pike/metro red line?
I will appreciate recommendations for specific locations, names of apartment buildings and zip codes.

Thanks,
Ido
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM

41 posts, read 292,949 times
Maybe the 20852 area code, by Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Rd, would work for you. There are lots of condos/apts in the area (Sterling, Gallery, Grand, Wisconsin) and by the Rockville Pike/Montrose Rd intersection. It's only a few miles to NIH in Bethesda from there (though traffic on 355 makes 1 mile feel like 10 sometimes...) Not too sure if there's much night life though, other than hanging out at the Barnes and Nobles.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:54 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,360 times
Ido,

Like Sandpaper said in his post Rockville might be a good fit for you and although there might not be any real exciting nightlife right there in walking distance you can always take the metro down into Bethesda and into DC for entertainment.

Bethesda can be expensive, but you might find an studio or small 1 apt in that range maybe if its a basement apt or something ,but most of the apartment complexes are very high priced.

Also there is a metro stop right in front of NIH as well ,even if you plan to have a car while your here taking the metro can save you alot stress from traffic.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the States!! One day I hope to visit your country of Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland