Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2007, 04:53 PM

11 posts, read 55,874 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I find all your input really valuable as someone who might be moving to the area. My husband is considering taking a job in Gaithersburg. We would need to find a home somewhat close to that city but as I have looked at the areas and the homes for sale, it's hard to guage what towns would be best for us. We'd like to buy a newer 4-bedroom home in the $550K-$650 price range. We would like a somewhat rural town (not with homes that are within a few feet of one another.) Schools are very important and safety is extremely important to us. So, as the experts in the area, where would you suggest we look? Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 03:58 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,202,943 times
Gaithersburg is a great area to live along with Rockville. I also highly recommend Frederick Maryland.....

Old 02-25-2007, 05:49 PM

11 posts, read 55,874 times
Thanks Zippy - At your suggestion, I looked up houses for sale in Frederick and was pleasantly surprised with what you can get for your money there. Mapquest tells me the commute from Frederick to Gaithersburg is 30 minutes which is great but I'm wondering what it's like during rush hour?

Old 02-25-2007, 08:17 PM

135 posts, read 604,275 times
Eldersburg is a fine rural community. You can still get a good size house/lot combo. Rush hour is rush hour there is no escape. Once you clear Fredrick traffic should thin out on the way home. If your morning commute can be completed by 6:30 to G-burg you will miss most of am rush.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 27,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDBMom View Post
Thanks Zippy - At your suggestion, I looked up houses for sale in Frederick and was pleasantly surprised with what you can get for your money there. Mapquest tells me the commute from Frederick to Gaithersburg is 30 minutes which is great but I'm wondering what it's like during rush hour?
commute from Gaithersburg to Frederick during rush hour should be around 1-1.5 hours.

It really depends on your work schedule. If you leave early in the mornings or before the normal evening rush hour, it isn't so bad.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 15,866 times
You really DON'T want to move to Gaithersburg, or anywhere in Montgomery County. The county is a sanctuary jurisdiction for illegals and is fast becoming a slum or barrio. I would advise against moving into the state of maryland at all, but if you must come here, you should NOT think of Gaithersburg. It has so much violent crime now that there is no safe place to live, work or shop. The schools are filled with those who can't speak english, and it doesn't appear it will get any better. Go to the blog, Gaithersblog or MoCo Progressive to hear the real scoop on this area. This area is only good for sex predators, criminals, and illegals now. And, if you do find a house to buy, chances are the house next door is housing 15-20 hispanic males. If you value your future, don't come to Gaithersburg.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 8,653 times
Default Racism and bigotry

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanach View Post
You really DON'T want to move to Gaithersburg, or anywhere in Montgomery County. The county is a sanctuary jurisdiction for illegals and is fast becoming a slum or barrio. I would advise against moving into the state of maryland at all, but if you must come here, you should NOT think of Gaithersburg. It has so much violent crime now that there is no safe place to live, work or shop. The schools are filled with those who can't speak english, and it doesn't appear it will get any better. Go to the blog, Gaithersblog or MoCo Progressive to hear the real scoop on this area. This area is only good for sex predators, criminals, and illegals now. And, if you do find a house to buy, chances are the house next door is housing 15-20 hispanic males. If you value your future, don't come to Gaithersburg.
We are looking for an area with cultural diversity to raise our children. I see that hatred and bigotry still exists in this area, and it makes me sad and disappointed. We will take this into account as we continue to look around for a home in southern Maryland.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 AM

48 posts, read 185,457 times
Rockville or Bethesda may be an area worth considering

Old 03-17-2007, 01:43 PM

25 posts, read 203,189 times
Good heavens, I have many friends in Gaithersburg! Shame on me for not realizing they are all sex predators, criminals, and illegals. Hispanic males? Omigod! I'm NEVER going back there!

Old 03-17-2007, 01:47 PM

25 posts, read 203,189 times
Seriously, Montgomery County, MD is a GREAT place to live and raise kids. My family moved there when I was 10, and I lived there until my early thirties. The vast majority is very nice, there is ethnic diversity (yes, including Hispanic Males - oh, the horror!), and the school system is one of the best in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland