Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skapov View Post
Believe it or not, but people DO bash surburbs in Northern Virginia as well, towns that are indeed majority white. I spend time in the Virginia forum and you should hear the way they talk about Woodbridge/Manassas/Central Springfield and yes, even Alexandria (except for the parts near Kingstowne). PgCo is not alone in having its bad parts, crime is everywhere, but per the police stats there are an average of 2 rapes a month in the Largo zip code alone! Now many people can tolerate the crime, they'll overlook it in exchange for other benefits like good schools, but what else does PG County have to offer to make up for tolerating the highish crime?!

I'm African-American and I would love to see PgCo succeed, but for whatever reason the county has trouble attacting companies (thus there are not many desirable in-county jobs), services (PG Hospital is in disaray and there are no other major hospitals), and upscale retail (i.e. no Nordstrom/Bloomingdales/Whole Foods, etc.). If you can't work in the county, can't do a lot of your shopping in the county, can't give birth in the county (I personally went to Inova-Alexandria to have my baby last July), and can't send you kids to school for a good education in the county, then how exactly can the county expect to attract middle-class families?

LOL, I went to Inova-Alexandria to have my daughter too, five years ago! I ask mytself the questions that you pose often. I like the beauty of PG -- trees, some open spaces -- parts of PG are so peaceful-looking and beautiful, and calming. There are some intelligent, committed people here with good values. But I wonder sometimes if the aesthetics and like-minded neighbors are worth what I get in return.

As for hospitals, I don't recommend Southern Maryland. For a lot of folks in DC, that is the closest "decent" hospital near Branch Avenue/R. 5. So a lot of indigent folks spend a lot of time in the ER there. Nothing wrong with serving indigent folks, but they and everyone else are treated as second-class citizens there, IMHO. No one deserves that.

I don't even care for Doctor's Hospital much. Health care in PG is one subject you don't hear much about, but quality care, from hospitals to primary care physicians, is lacking, in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,740 times
I was curious about the status of this, because I live nearby, so I called the police department and they told me that the person who robbed the liquor store is the same person who raped the women in Largo, he got killed in the liquor store robbery.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 PM

460 posts, read 1,877,029 times
This is going to sound harsh but great! - saves us the expense of trial and incarceration, of course betting that our liberal judicial system doesn't give him probation and treatment for the millionth time so he can rape and pillage again. . .

Good example of what goes around, comes around.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
Did they ever find the person who stabbed the pregnant lady in betheda, Montgomery county

Old 12-19-2008, 08:58 AM

884 posts, read 2,642,395 times
Lscalder,

I haven't heard any updates on the stabbing but who would do something like that?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 AM

A crazy person when I was pregnant with my son while living in DC I hated going outside because I felt like a easy target.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 AM

or maybe Montgomery police need to get out their A** and realize crime do happen in their county. The residents of MOntgomery County do live in lala land when they think no crime exist in their county please think again. I bet that woman have already moved out of the county when she is no longer blind folded from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland