Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM

7 posts, read 57,030 times

Advertisements

Bunky3301 and Mom21, Thanks for your input. Yeah if this was purely an investment property, I wouldnt event flinch of getting it as I know it will come up in price. The people who currently live there have bought the same place for upto 299000 just middle of last year. But I am looking for a place that I will be moving in with family, and cannot take any chances there. Are there any other new condos like this in a safer area in MD or VA, and is this close to the metro stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM

311 posts, read 1,385,605 times
I don't know if good or bad, but you might try Pentagon City in Arlington. Check out the Northern VA City Data forum and do a search for Pentagon City, see if it turns up anything.

There are also some areas in Rockville that are near Metro but I've only seen them from the street; don't know if they are condos or apartments. Also try Silver Spring, same caution that I don't know if they are apartments or condos.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 57,030 times
Thanks Mom21, You are very helpful!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decidenow View Post
Hey all, I am thinking seriously of moving into the Tribeca Camp Springs, Camp Springs MD. Looks like Camp Springs shares the same zip code as Suitland, which makes me nervous. Yeah the place is very conveniently place right across Branch Ave metro stop, which is a huge plus. But what about the general area? Is anyone already living at Tribeca on this forum, any information I can get about that area is good. Thanks.
I have lived in a K-Hov townhouse at TCCS for a little over 3 years and I am appalled at some of the comments I've read on this board. The only time I've heard gunshots is on New Year's Eve. There are a lot of military people living here and a couple of police officers. We did have a problem with an outsider coming onto the property during the day and taking UPS packages, but that person was quickly arrested because he did not know he was being recorded on video cameras. To the person who complained about the gates not working, if you stop running into them, there would not be a problem. Oh by the way, those video cameras are also on the gates now so anyone who runs into a gate will be paying for it. I do agree with the person who said there are a lot of dogs in the apartments. And I agree they do not take care of the dog mess as they should. This is one of the points the homeowners have made the developers pay for (cleaning up the mess that is). And yes, the developer is upset with the homeowners because they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak and had to pay up and correct their shortcuts. I do have one problem with TCCS, its the ducks. There are too many of them and people feed them when they're on the walking trail. And the ducks follow the people away from the pond back to the sidewalks and our lawns. Now that's a mess!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,567 times
I found this thread through an online search and felt the need to reply.

I grew up in Silver Spring but moved to Metroplace because it improved my commute so much.

I think it's a pretty good community for a single professional or couple. It's so easy to get to and from work that you can get back alot of your life that's wasted in traffic.

My biggest issue is that there's almost no entertainment in the immediate area. The retail hasn't come to the condo developments because of the recession; therefore the only restaurant within walking distance is Red Lobster. I can get to DC, Alexandira, the National Harbor or Bowie very quickly but it sucks there's nothing right here next to me to eat and get a drink (though, if we had those things, it might attract the element we don't want to deal with).

I wouldn't call it a good family area because there aren't that many amenities for kids, there isn't much open space, the schools likely aren't that good and the surrounding area (outside of our little oasis) has a good bit of crime.

I've heard gunshots in the distance a couple times from the neighborhoods across the parkway and marsh. I encountered a bum one morning on one of my morning jogs. I heard there was a shooting incident (nobody hurt) at the Metroplace apartments about a year ago. Technically, we're in Suitland and it's one of the few areas of PG that give the rest of the county a bad name.

But coming from an area where I never heard gunshots, I still feel safe. The gates work and we have police as a community watch.

In fact, if you'd be comfortable living in some of the gentrifying or gentrified areas of DC, you'd be comfortable living here.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,022 times
To All

I think everyone is getting Tribeca Condos confused with Chelsea West Condos ... tribeca is across the way from the townhomes, & Metro place apartments. I actually live in tribeca condos the ones closest on the red lobster/ nissan car dealership side and the business buildings, for the most part the rush hour traffic is the most noise we hear now every now and then if someone is having a gathering in the clubhouse that can get kinda loud but overall there hasn't been nearly as many issues as on the other side as the apartments and townhomes. Its too many complexs bunched together back there which leaves room for unwanted crime.
Now the issues that due arise at Tribeca are not from the outside you need to be sure if you choose to buy get a home inspection. Yes they are new BUT they were built 3 years ago and most of the appliances and HVAC were installed back then and just like a car if left unto ran it will begin to fall apart. So with that said i have had minor issues within my unit but the developer fixed everything at no cost and i love my place, location, some neighbors lol.. and that it was so darn cheap. I hope this helps but you can visit tribecacampsprings.com to see the actual location and Amy the sales lady is very helpful.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,022 times
To All
I think everyone is getting Tribeca Condos confused with Chelsea West Condos ... tribeca is across the way from the townhomes, & Metro place apartments. I actually live in tribeca condos the ones closest on the red lobster/ nissan car dealership side and the business buildings, for the most part the rush hour traffic is the most noise we hear now every now and then if someone is having a gathering in the clubhouse that can get kinda loud but overall there hasn't been nearly as many issues as on the other side as the apartments and townhomes. Its too many complexs bunched together back there which leaves room for unwanted crime.
Now the issues that due arise at Tribeca are not from the outside you need to be sure if you choose to buy get a home inspection. Yes they are new BUT they were built 3 years ago and most of the appliances and HVAC were installed back then and just like a car if left unto ran it will begin to fall apart. So with that said i have had minor issues within my unit but the developer fixed everything at no cost and i love my place, location, some neighbors lol.. and that it was so darn cheap. I hope this helps but you can visit tribecacampsprings.com to see the actual location and Amy the sales lady is very helpful.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,942 times
To anyone who cares..the condos at Tribeca Camp Springs are fine. I am an actual resident, and have lived here for a little over a year now. The area is very quiet and safe. I'm a female and I walk from the metro to the condos several times a week, at various hours, including at night. Ask the many tourists who regularly walk through our neighborhood on their way to the hotel down the street all throughout the day and night! You really can't beat the Metro right at your door either.

As for the condos themselves, they are very spacious and we have a great gym (that is usually empty) and a huge pool. I think for the price, these are great. I can't find anything in DC-proper that is affordable (i.e. under $300k) and comparable in sq. footage, upgrades and amenities and I make a little over $100k a yr! Also, I must say that we haven't had the same problems that I've read about at Metroplace and the other apt. That's probably because we own (and we the owners are very vocal about safety and gen'l community issues that affect us). The mgt. has been responsive to our concerns and is engaged in the community. Our garage is secured (at least on the residents' levels) and we have 24 security on staff. Stop by and see-they sit right at the front desk. Also, Tribeca condos is not really situated that close to the apts.

Yes, I’m a bit concerned that the Town Ctr has yet to materialize, but I hope it comes in the near future. I agree with the other poster that this was a good deal since the prices were drastically reduced. I paid just under $200k, but the residents who were here in 2006 paid $300k and up. I hope to recover in a few years when the market is back up and doing well again. My only gripe is that I think the better grocery stores are in DC and VA, not nearby. But, we’re so close to VA it’s amazing. I can get to Old Town and Potomac Yards in less than 15 mins! I also can drive to downtown DC in around than 20 minutes, except for morning rush hour of course. There also aren’t too many coffee shops, bookstores, etc. nearby, but again we’re so close to VA and DC that it’s not too big of a deal.

All said, this a decent place to live and for the price you can’t go wrong. Don’t let some of the bad posts on here scare you off- especially if those people don’t live here and probably never have been in the area.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,371 times
If anyone is still wondering about this area let me shed some new light on the area. I lived at the chelsea West apt. for a year a 9 months. moved out Aug.2010. Where do I start Chelsea west are the condos across the street from metro place.They are leased as apartments now because the developers as well got caught in the economic slam. I first moved there it was fine had the rent special for 1bdrm with den, option of 2months free or 200 off the rent for the year. It was garage parking for each of the 5 flrs, it was like mall parking free reign for you and your guest. Lets get to the point, the following year, it seemed as if the builder was trying to recoup for not being sold as condos. Trashfees were added, parking fees were added ..yes $50.00 a car. WTF!!! I understand maybe charging something for an extra decal, but charge me to park, I live there..lol. Not to mention amenities that were promised like 24hr.conceirge at the desk was axed. We had a meet and greet with managment a couple of month in and we were told they could not afford that.. Im sorry, went on a tangent, for our mall like parking the security gate was not installed untill almost a year later then came the charges. meanwhile any hardworking individual that equiped their car with rims they found it left on bricks, oh yeah it was an onslaught on anyone with rims, it was well organized. it continued after the gate was in place, you see these intelligent criminals would break the security fence on purpose and would go after wheels again, I saw so many sadfaces come out to their car the next morning on bricks. The security gate would stay broken for months at a time leaving your car exposed and you still paying 50-100 a month. the only excuse from management was a be careful of your surroundings memo and we are not responsbile for personal items spill. They also threw in that it takes a long time for the parts to come in. Also did i mention the first 2 mo. several armed robberies occurred because the spot new back there behind the subway station and being right there on branch ave, right at the bridge of D.C, Pookie and the boys assumed we were rolling in the dough, because the area was so modern and nice looking. I could go on an on after living there for almost two years, main point is that unfair fees were coming out of no were for an area that has not yet materalized. Today Dec.2010. I see the Tribeca Condos has resulted to leasing well, they had no choice, the selling price for the condos was ridic two years ago and im sure not too many folks purchased. It is such a shame and they are charging an outrageous price of $1600 a month for 1bdr and they are so much smaller than Chelsea West. I also see that the twnhomes and condo/twhomes across from CW that were sold in 2006 for upwards of 279K-300K, are now on the market for 215K and I see couple in the 160K. range. Its crazy.....but a good buy rightnow and you will definetly be able to rent it in the future if you decide to leave

The best thing of course is the metro station easy access to 495 and DC, maybe one day the retailers will come and the area will do something. but for now the living experience does not match the prices being charged. I hope my venting about my experience over there helps someone.

Last edited by personalchoice74; 12-26-2010 at 01:35 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,318 times
Personalchoice74

I live in the area, but not in any of the developments. I am shocked that CW suffered crime. I thought that all of those communities (Tribeca, Metroplace, CW) are locked down. I guess when the thugs come from the metro anything can happen. Or are they walking from somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland