Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:01 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I agree with Toughluv i do not think what he post is racist at all.
Of course YOU don't.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:23 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Racist?, no. Truth?,yes.
What YOU think is truth.
If I were to post your post, but with 2 words changed like this-

The amount of racism and ignorance in this thread is disturbing and disgusting. But that's what you usually get when you have a bunch of BLACK people talking about MONTGOMERY (just the first county that came to mind) County, not suprisingly.

I would get jumped all over for being racist- which I am definitely not, even though I happen to be white. You see, I grew up in PG County, and when I talk about it, it comes from experience. When I mention the crime that I witnessed and lived with, it's because I did live with it and see it first hand. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm white. I have seen several people from my graduating class in high school in the obituaries, having met with violence in parts PG County or DC. It is horrible and makes me very sad that these people won't be at our high school reunion. In fact, there was a stabbing at my high school graduation- someone from Suitland tried to stab a guy from my school, and got his father insted. Luckily, his father was ok- he's a great guy. Just last week, there was a story about the brother of a girl I was friends with in middle school, who was killed in a robbery attempt in Capitol Heights. He was shot, and then hit by a car. He was 25. He lived in New Carrollton, just like my family did- and mostly still does. He was the same age as my little brother. My heart goes out to his family, who are good people, and didn't deserve to lose someone they loved. I'm not saying all of PG County is bad, but there are areas where crime is much more likely to happen. For example, I would choose to live in Upper Marlboro before I would choose to live in Riverdale.
So maybe, instead of assuming that people who happen to be white don't know what they're talking about, evaluate each post for what they say- not the color of the person who writes them.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 AM

3 posts, read 14,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
What YOU think is truth.
If I were to post your post, but with 2 words changed like this-

The amount of racism and ignorance in this thread is disturbing and disgusting. But that's what you usually get when you have a bunch of BLACK people talking about MONTGOMERY (just the first county that came to mind) County, not suprisingly.

I would get jumped all over for being racist- which I am definitely not, even though I happen to be white. You see, I grew up in PG County, and when I talk about it, it comes from experience. When I mention the crime that I witnessed and lived with, it's because I did live with it and see it first hand. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm white. I have seen several people from my graduating class in high school in the obituaries, having met with violence in parts PG County or DC. It is horrible and makes me very sad that these people won't be at our high school reunion. In fact, there was a stabbing at my high school graduation- someone from Suitland tried to stab a guy from my school, and got his father insted. Luckily, his father was ok- he's a great guy. Just last week, there was a story about the brother of a girl I was friends with in middle school, who was killed in a robbery attempt in Capitol Heights. He was shot, and then hit by a car. He was 25. He lived in New Carrollton, just like my family did- and mostly still does. He was the same age as my little brother. My heart goes out to his family, who are good people, and didn't deserve to lose someone they loved. I'm not saying all of PG County is bad, but there are areas where crime is much more likely to happen. For example, I would choose to live in Upper Marlboro before I would choose to live in Riverdale.
So maybe, instead of assuming that people who happen to be white don't know what they're talking about, evaluate each post for what they say- not the color of the person who writes them.
Jessy0780: Thank you for having the gumption to admit a simple truth about Prince George's County - "not all of [it] is bad, but there are areas where crime is more likely to happen." VERY TRUE!!!

I'm glad you realize this basic point. I only hope that other members of City-Data will respond in a manner similar to yours when replying to someone's inquiry about the County. To make generalizations about an entire county based on the concentration of crime in the same border communities is simply unfair.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:08 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
No matter how you want to say it poor people usually do not give a darn about their kids academics.
I'm a 27 year-old African American female, and sadly, I agree with this statement. I want so much to fight against it and argue otherwise...but it is the sad truth for many. And it's quite sad, because there's so much potential in young children.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
First, you cannot criticize their grammar when yours isn't much better: The correct usage of grammar for the words in bold: English correctly -or- English grammatically correct. You don't use two adverbs next to each other. One eliminates the need for the other. Yes, English is capitalized, it is a proper noun.

Second, who said they should be community heros? By the way, this is another grammar mistake...you used possesive when you stated "hero's", there is no possession...it should have been written as a plural word.

Third, the fact that they have risen above their previous stations in life, and have become successful in this country, does say something about their financial intelligence. These so-called "thugs" understand capitalism. The same way J.Paul Getty, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. created their wealth, real wealth, was not by being upstanding citizens...not a first. It wasn't until after they made their wealth did these men begin to give it away. Why? Because they wanted their names to live on forever. They want and wanted to be infamous. Ford invented the assembly line which essentially was the birth to the modern day sweat shop! The man was hailed for it...still is. Do you not study him in graduate school? Jay-Z and 50 cent may not be beacons or pillars of society, but they do give, the right way, anonymously. When they die, you will be contributing to their families wealth/trusts in more ways than you realize. They don't just "sell" cds, they own their own companies, they invest their money with solid, large, corporations. They understand capitalism. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Question: Do you feel the same about Robert "Bob" Johnson as you do Jay-Z and 50 cent? He made millions off of "blacks" by promoting the exploitation of blacks on his network! Then, he goes on national television and belittles another AA while supporting a non-AA candidate. Should he be one's role model?

Ben Carson is promoted...in his field. He is very well known and respected worldwide. He and his wife have a foundation and give scholarships to college bound students. What's your point? Carson is actively trying to be the change he seeks in society. He is putting his time and money where he feels it is needed. Got married??? Are you serious? Who says one has to be married in order to be successful?

Education is not a viable option for the masses. If being comfortable and putting food on your table is success enough, then why do you care how entertainers do it? You contradict yourself here.

STOP TRYING TO BE BIG BROTHER. You are very naive.

My biggest problem with hip-hop as stated earlier is that entertainment is simply not a viable means for the masses to achieve success and I have a huge problme with equating hip-hop to universal black culture. The media, rappers, blacks, whites, etc constantly do this and its insulting to blacks history in this country. To equate everything we have done in this country over the last 300 years with some entertainment phenomenon of the last 20 years. It's down right silly and insulting.

Who does this mean??? I have never heard or seen the media equate any historical black figure to modern day entertainers. Ever. If anything, I hear the more mature entertainers thank their ancestors and predecessors for making it possible for them to even compete and thrive when there was a time when they would have never gotten the chance. Truth: it is because of King, DuBois, Malcolm/Shabazz, Parks, etc. that these entertainers you "hate" have been so successul. I'm happy that when I turn on the television, I see faces of all cultures, representing America. And I am very mindful, that this is the direct result of my ancestors who faught for freedom for all, even if you want to be an entertainer. How is this insulting?

I'm not against "Rap" *****' but I am against those "thugs." I find it completely insulting that they constantly attempt to align themselves with all the great accomplishments of this culture over the last 300 years.

Again, when does this happen?? Please reference your assertion. These "thugs" as you judge them, have never aligned themselves with "all the great accomplishments of this culture..." (Side note: It's been more than 300 years) They are however, an accomplishment in and of themselves. Like it or not.

Answering your "next topic."

Perhaps you are confused because you contradict yourself often. You single out "poorer blacks" as if they have a disease that needs curing. They don't. They are poor. Nothing else. Some have goals, others don't. Some spoiled rich kids have no goals, but you'd never know it because they live off of their Trust Funds...oops, wait a minute...did I just see Brittney, and Lindsey? Why don't you point the likes of these out? Why not attack Paris Hilton?

I am not supporting nor damning any behavior. What I am saying to you is that you should not point the finger at poor blacks, rappers, entertainers, etc., simply because they do not fit your standard. Truth, what have you done in the past twenty years to uplift your culture?

I am proud to be AA. While it is obvious that you were brought up to believe that you are your brother's keeper, I was not. Allow me to explain. I do not feel threatened by nor embarrassed by other AAs. People are individuals. Judge them accordingly and STOP generalizing and stereotyping. This is racism, whether you agree or not. Didn't the KKK believe what they were doing was right?

AAs are doing much better than you think...see "What Black Men Think" by Janks Morton.
Jaded...beautiful post.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
Post Truth, you are your worst enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
quote=Jaded First, you cannot criticize their grammar when yours isn't much better: The correct usage of grammar for the words in bold: English correctly -or- English grammatically correct. You don't use two adverbs next to each other. One eliminates the need for the other. Yes, English is capitalized, it is a proper noun.

Let's get this out of the way first. To attack an argument on the basis of spelling or slight grammtical errors just levels out the weakness of your initial argument. I could go through your third paragraph and cite plenty of writing and grammatically non correct english faux pas, but that is not the point of this exercise. Furthermore, we were not discussing how well these young men write i was specifically discussing how poor their grammer is in relation to how they speak when interviewed on tv, so you first point is again not conducive nor germane to this argument and further solidifies a weak start to your position and overall argument. (Stick with the issue at hand)

Second, who said they should be community heros? By the way, this is another grammar mistake...you used possesive when you stated "hero's", there is no possession...it should have been written as a plural word.

Clearly the consensus in those community feels they should be held up as heros of hero's and they are men among mice. If this was not the case i'd highly doubt you'd see inner city ghetto youth holding these weak representations of success up on a pedistole. While there's nothing inheriently wrong with having mutiple role models clearly there are better choices, that the masses of poorer black kids could decide to model themselves after. (again your second point on correcting my writing is not german to the argument)

Third, the fact that they have risen above their previous stations in life, and have become successful in this country, does say something about their financial intelligence. These so-called "thugs" understand capitalism. The same way J.Paul Getty, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. created their wealth, real wealth, was not by being upstanding citizens...not a first. It wasn't until after they made their wealth did these men begin to give it away. Why? Because they wanted their names to live on forever. They want and wanted to be infamous. Ford invented the assembly line which essentially was the birth to the modern day sweat shop! The man was hailed for it...still is. Do you not study him in graduate school? Jay-Z and 50 cent may not be beacons or pillars of society, but they do give, the right way, anonymously. When they die, you will be contributing to their families wealth/trusts in more ways than you realize. They don't just "sell" cds, they own their own companies, they invest their money with solid, large, corporations. They understand capitalism. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Not sure how to tackle this, but i'll point out what's not germane to my argument. Bill Gates, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, J.Paul Getty etc are not very valid arguments in comparison to Jay-Z or 50 Cent. When these two men create companies that employee 100's of thousands of people and have a direct impact on our society in a positive way then they may be due this sort of credit. However, i currently have yet to hear of the Jay-Z Library in Brooklyn or the 50 Cent Musuem of Black History. Nor have I heard of the Jay-Z Private School for Inner City Youth nor the 50 Cent Foundation for Underprivilidged Children. Point here is to say, they may very well give to charitable organizations, but to compare them to the people you listed is not germane to the argument, because they have yet to make that big of an impact on American society let alone black society.

Now what we do argree on is there ability to understand the simplistic nature of supply and demand. However, i'll tackle the bigger issue in relation to capitalism in your next question.

Question: Do you feel the same about Robert "Bob" Johnson as you do Jay-Z and 50 cent? He made millions off of "blacks" by promoting the exploitation of blacks on his network! Then, he goes on national television and belittles another AA while supporting a non-AA candidate. Should he be one's role model?
  • I figured this weakly formed argument about Bob Johnson would come up. In relation to capitalism you're right should he have a moral obligation not to make money on destructive black images and culture? Well, considering the difference between Bob Johnson, Jay-Z and 50 Cent are huge in comparison. Bob Johnson for starters employed large numbers of blacks, took a majority black owned company public, created extreme wealth for black people, and successfully sold a black owned company for more than 2.5 billion dollars.
  • In reference to Bob Johnson, I don't see much difference between he and Rupert Murdoch or Sumner Redstone. These are media titans, that control vast portions of entertainment properties. Bob, did sell disgusting images of blacks, but no more so than both Murdoch or Redstone. However, to that extent all these guys differ from Jay-Z and 50 Cent in respect to how they are diversified in the images they depicted of blacks. Bob, also had postive programs on BET like the nightly news (that highlighted black accomplishments and Teen Summit, which highlighted black teen accomplishments to name a few), so while 50 and Jay-Z tend to promote only the bad black images Bob, took it upon himself to promote both.
  • Where does capitalism come in? Well, clearly distructive images of blacks present a far higher margin then positive images, so the fact that 50 and Jay-Z understand this means little to nothing to me. What would impress me is if they used their star power and ownership within these corporations to say Hey let's change the game and promote positive images. Why not bring hip-hop back to its original origins as a positive outlet of musical harmony questioning and asking people to make the best of their lot in life? Why continue to foster images of "thug culture" and "irresponsible invesments?"
Education is not a viable option for the masses. If being comfortable and putting food on your table is success enough, then why do you care how entertainers do it? You contradict yourself here.

STOP TRYING TO BE BIG BROTHER. You are very naive.
  • Honestly, you seem to be the one that is naive and in self denail of any sorts. It is funny you should support Fish, because in general he's right what's large amounts of money worth in the hands of these uneducated hip-hop impersarios if all they do is friviously spend it on bling, cars, and other weak investments. It is not as if the money they make off the community is coming back in the forms of large employment opportunities, educational advacement, or new large forms of black wealth creation(none of these are public companies with majority black shareholders like BET was), for the people of their communities. Answer that question since i'm so naive?
Who does this mean??? I have never heard or seen the media equate any historical black figure to modern day entertainers. Ever. If anything, I hear the more mature entertainers thank their ancestors and predecessors for making it possible for them to even compete and thrive when there was a time when they would have never gotten the chance. Truth: it is because of King, DuBois, Malcolm/Shabazz, Parks, etc. that these entertainers you "hate" have been so successul. I'm happy that when I turn on the television, I see faces of all cultures, representing America. And I am very mindful, that this is the direct result of my ancestors who faught for freedom for all, even if you want to be an entertainer. How is this insulting?
  • No, it is not just a credit to King (and the civil rights movement). News flash blacks were not just sitting around until 1964 twiddling their thumbs, so stop with the attritubting all great progress within black cutlure to the "Civil Rights Movement." Blacks have been a mainstay in modern American music long before some blacks started marching in the street, so stop attempting to discredit the accomplishments of Louie Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, and many of the jazz greats that were household names in both black and white homes long before the civil rights era. Sure, that opened a bigger gateway, which allowed a lot of the trashier acts to follow (Gangster Rap and the flourishing of this "Thug Culture.") You could have turned on the Television in 1958 to American Bandstand and saw black music faces.
  • Sure it is nice to see diversity on the 100 plus channels the American public has access to, but watching young males parade around in oversized jeans and tee-shirts, half naked girls shacking their backsides, and "thug culture" displayed is in no way a form of progress. I do not happily turn my tv channel to such crap and say to myself, "Wow we have finally made it and look how well we represent ourselves. Bootie Shacking, Bling, and oversized tee-shirts and pants. I'm so proud!" NOT!
  • While I do not think there should be a monopoly on only positive black images there seems to be a monopoly on negative one's, so i'd prefer to see a balance, that leans more toward the positive. I'd love to turn my tv on and see more diversity in the professional areas of wall-street, technology, and the sciences. I'm only happy when I turn my TV and i see a well dressed, well spoken, black professional on. Now, that's something to be proud of when viewing diversity on your tv not some "thug culture" bad grammer inner city thug talking about how he sold drugs, got a record deal, and now he's the CEO of the company. I'm sorry, but selling poor inner city black youth the idea, that this is your ticket to success is disgraceful and will only leave them behind in the end.
  • Here are some Jay-Z lyrics I grabbed off the Net. In the first he stanza he compares his selling other black people drugs to Malcome X's famous line "By any means Neccesary." In the next stanza of lyrics he compares his selling crack rocks to already being the CEO of the record label he owns ROC. Yes, that's the message we want youth to bring home, "Sell Rocks kill other blacks you could end up the CEO of your own music company, ***** did it, so can you!" Reminds of the Chris Rock comedy special about the DC Mayor on Crack! (casue that is truly what that message is pure comedy and holds no substance in reality)
  • All i'm saying is raise the standards. I could careless what Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears do, because they're not black and just because they're all crazy, poor, and stupid does not mean black people should go out and do it, because you know what most white people do not act like them. However, we send the message that most black people act like Jay-Z etc, that has an effect.
Here are the Jay-Z lyrics i spoke of earlier
  • "N### I get mine - by any means on whenever there's a drought" Jay-Z lyrics
  • "Allow me to re-introduce myself
    My name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-V
    I used to move snowflakes (drugs) by the O-Z
    I guess even back then you can call me
    CEO of the R-O-C, Hov'!" - Jay-Z lyrics
Again, when does this happen?? Please reference your assertion. These "thugs" as you judge them, have never aligned themselves with "all the great accomplishments of this culture..." (Side note: It's been more than 300 years) They are however, an accomplishment in and of themselves. Like it or not.
  • This was answerd above.
Answering your "next topic."

Perhaps you are confused because you contradict yourself often. You single out "poorer blacks" as if they have a disease that needs curing. They don't. They are poor. Nothing else. Some have goals, others don't. Some spoiled rich kids have no goals, but you'd never know it because they live off of their Trust Funds...oops, wait a minute...did I just see Brittney, and Lindsey? Why don't you point the likes of these out? Why not attack Paris Hilton?
  • I'm sorry, but poverty is a disease of poor choices, that can only be cured by making the right choices. It is that simple. Sure we all make choices, but the poor consistently make bad one's all the time. The reason they do it is simple, they are not held accountable, so i'm somehow self hating and racist against other blacks for holding them accountable and raising the standards and saying look consistently making bad choices is not acceptable?
  • Again I answerd the Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan question early, but to clarify it and make it an American issue not just a black and white issue. Frankly, I think of them the say way I do Jay-Z or any other trashy person, that lacks moral or values. As an American i'd be offended if my son our daughter choose any of those listed as a positive role model, so this is cross cultural, but from a black guy stand point that should have no barring on my decision to not like Jay-Z. Hell, I do not care if John Edwards made a rap tape about selling dope, killing off white people, and then had videos of booty shacking white people in it. I'd find it offensive as an American, so just because someone else does something trashy of another race does not mean it's okay. Do you not understand the basics of right and wrong? Race has nothing to do with what's morally or civilly right or wrong?
I am not supporting nor damning any behavior. What I am saying to you is that you should not point the finger at poor blacks, rappers, entertainers, etc., simply because they do not fit your standard. Truth, what have you done in the past twenty years to uplift your culture?
  • Um, let me think. I've gone to and graduated college. (in other words helped do my part to raise the education attainment level for young black males) Work a professional job. (helped decrease the unemployment rate of young black males) Take care of myself,(helped decrease the number of young black males living off the government) pay taxes, I've been investing in the stock market since i was a teenager, and I offer positive advice to my younger family members (who are also black), that's how i'm giving back to my culture. What about you?
I am proud to be AA. While it is obvious that you were brought up to believe that you are your brother's keeper, I was not. Allow me to explain. I do not feel threatened by nor embarrassed by other AAs. People are individuals. Judge them accordingly and STOP generalizing and stereotyping. This is racism, whether you agree or not. Didn't the KKK believe what they were doing was right?
  • First, I neither feel threatened or embarrassed by other blacks. However, while this requires a more complex response I'll provide a simple rebuttle to this weakly formed question/statement.
  • I'm an individualist and strict conservative. Therefore, i believe strongly in the rights and freedoms of individuals, that includes taking care of themselves, being responsible to their country, taking it upon themselves to invest in their own future, and taking responsibily for making chocies (whether good or bad you made it you live with it), that will help them succeed on their own. It is funny,that you seemed to have this collectivist attitude, but yet are calling me a racist? You have even gone as far as comparing to the KKK, an organization, that believed in terrorizing blacks. Where's the connection? I've simply asked for more responsibility and better choices in the most simplistic sense nothing more? I guess the real question should be why do you want continued failure amongst poor blacks?
AAs are doing much better than you think...see "What Black Men Think" by Janks Morton.
  • Well, considering I happen to be a black male. I perfectly capable of thinking on my own, without reading a book about what other black men think. Also I never said the race overall was doing poorly I just stated it could be a lot better. Unlike you I do not satisfy myself with mediocrity i'd like to consider myself one that strives to be the best and i'd expect the same of people in my race regardless of what they choose to be in life. (Exmaple if you're a plumber be the best dam plumber in this country etc you get what i'm saying here?)
  • In closing your agruments are clearly not very well thought out and it seems the real enemy of the black poor are black people like yourself. People, who believe, it is ok for them to waste away with all the opportunities this countries offers. This whole cry baby crap about blaming the victim only puts the "victim" at a futher disadvantage coddeld into the ever growing hands of the parental government system thus giving up more freedoms and more opportunities to better themselves. Good going Jaded.
Lastly I'll leave you with a few quotes

"He cannot be economically free, or even economically efficient, if he is enslaved politically; conversely, man's political freedom is illusory if he is dependent for his economic needs on the State" - Barry Goldwater

Here are the first two tenents from 12 things the Negro must do written in the early 1900 by Nannie Helen Burroughs (doubt a lib like you knows who she is)

1. The Negro Must Learn to Put First Things First. The first things Are; Education; Development of Character Traits; A Trade and Home Ownership.

2. The Negro must stop expecting God and White Folk to do for him what He can do For himself!
My instinct told me not to respond to you yesterday for fear that you just wouldn't get it. I should have heeded it.

If you truly believe that "poverty is a disease of poor choices" then I am done having any further discussions with you.

Goodbye and good luck.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,163 times
ChocLot...gracias!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 PM

144 posts, read 630,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
My instinct told me not to respond to you yesterday for fear that you just wouldn't get it. I should have heeded it.

If you truly believe that "poverty is a disease of poor choices" then I am done having any further discussions with you.

Goodbye and good luck.
Yes my friend you should have heeded your instinct.

I think you can easily breakdown the psychology here.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 AM

746 posts, read 845,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMD View Post
Yes my friend you should have heeded your instinct.

I think you can easily breakdown the psychology here.

RFMD, since you're in agreement. How would you analyze and describe poverty? Certinaly it must have nothing to do with your race. Many of blacks grew up in the rural south extremely poor in the 1930's and went on, because of correct choices to get bachelors, masters, and PHD's. Now, there were clealry many a black folks around, that choose not to make the same choices those blacks did in life, so their outcomes are probably not as good and fortunate as these blacks were, so i'd be interested to hear you share with me why poverty does not boil down to generations of poor choice makers.

My second question would be in relation to you. How many people in the "hood" you grew up in turned out as well as you? How many of them consitently made bad choices and are now PHD's? How many of them consistently made good choices and are still dealing drugs?

Now let me ask the question this way.

1. How many of them made bad choices and are drug dealrs or living with their mom?

2. How many of them made good choices and are now supporting themselves?

I bet you notice a glaring difference.

I'm just trying to point out a few things before you go into a diatribe about racism, government, and a host of excuses as to why poor people remain poor.

My final question would be in reference to your last sentence "I think you can easily breakdown the psychology here."

What psychology are you referring to and could you please break it down I eagerly await your reponse.

Okay seriously last question and i'll come back to this if you so choose to answer it.

When your tooth aches do you ignore it, hope that it will go away on its on, make up excuses as to why it aches or why it should go away, or do you face the fact you have a tooth problem, and deal with it? (By obviously going to the dentist etc.)

Last edited by truthhurts; 01-30-2008 at 05:37 AM..

Old 01-30-2008, 07:56 AM

41 posts, read 244,494 times
I live in PG and love it. Try University Park it is right next to the University of MD. Lots of professors and goverment workers. Believe it or not, but I would even send my son to the town elem. school! I think it is great. Close knit community with lots of community activities. Neighbors look out for each other and we have our own town police force. 6 officers for less than 900 homes. I've lived in PG for most of my life and I really think the people who are dogging it might be a bit "scared" of people that don't look like them. Don't get me wrong, I've run into rude people at Target, etc. but that is a minority. Other places to live... Old Hyattsville (historic district), Greenbelt north of Kenilworh Ave., Bowie, Mitchellville, parts of Beltsville and Laurel. I don't know about the beltway distinction, but I would stay in Northern PG and steer clear of southern PG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland