Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 14,601 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone that lives in Villa Ridge, Girard St that could tell me something about it?
I really like a condo there, but I've heard so bad things about that area that I'm not positive.
Is it safe? is parking a problem? Is the train noise an issue?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 PM

8 posts, read 37,560 times
I drive past it weekly and that area looks like a dump. I would not recommend living there, crime is an issue, just do a crime map of the area.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 17,382 times
Default Villa ridge apartments on girard st, gaithersburg

While the Villa Ridge may appear a little questionable at this point, they are fantastically spacey. They had been quite high-end until they had a bad management company and the housing bubble with sub-prime mortgages attracted many to buy with the result of quite a number of foreclosures in the complex. They now are under new management and the place is being considerably cleaned up, little by little. The foreclosures are gradually being bought, some by investors and others to move into as owners. There is a fantastic potential as the Olde Town of Gaithersburg has a master plan to build new apartments on East Diamond, and once the ones up at Goshen/Girard are completed, occupancy and rents will improve substantially in all ways. I see a full turn around soon. The good thing is that there is space around, they are not cramped like the new ones and the building construction is much more solid than all the new ones around.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 PM

941 posts, read 3,893,104 times
I live across it so I see the area all the times.

It's okay. Just okay. It has mixed types. Some good families. Some look shady. Saw some illegals huddled in tight spaces. I agree about the condos being spacey. I have a few friends that live in Villa Ridge. They are quite spacey with good floor plans. It was built back in the '70s? It does look dated, but it was built with better materials than buildings today.

They recently put in an all new trash service. Looks nice. They also have a swimming pool and a tennis court, although I haven't seen them for myself in quite a long time.

I was told there are some good deals on condos in Villa Ridge, very below what the area is known for.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 14,601 times
Thanks for all the info! It's really helpful
Have a nice day!

Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,115 times
Talking Villa Ridge Condos

I tend to agree with the previous posters. Villa Ridge condos are VERY spacey. 3 bedrooms are about 1250 sq feet, with a huge living room and formal dining area, as well as a sunroom/breakfast nook. most of the master bedrooms are quite large, but the additional bedrooms are a bit tight (as seems to be the norm). parking spots are unusually big, allowing a large car or truck in any space without banging the doors of the car next to you. To my understanding, Villa Ridge is one of the few complexes which allow large dogs, and even have 'poop-bag' receptacles and dispensers to accommodate walks with fido along the perimeter. As to management... well, Villa Ridge has had it's problems in this economy as with every other place. A few people stopped making their condo-fee payments and management, fronting for the owners, had to get tough. But... that's the hallmark of good management - work for their salary.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 7,085 times
Default Villa Ridge

I lived in a condo in Villa Ridge from 2001 - 2005 with my husband and 2 children. My husband was in the Navy and stationed at NNMC in Bethesda. I worked in downtown Rockville so the commute was decent for both of us. We enjoyed our time there. I'm not sure how much things have changed in the past 4 years. We had a 3BR condo w/2 full baths. We had 2 walk-in closets in the master bedroom. There were also 2 linen closets, 1 in the main hall and 1 in the master. Never had any problems with crime and our neighbors were fine. Parking was bad in front of our building, but that was only a big problem after grocery shopping. It does look dated from the outside but since the condos are owned, they vary on the inside. Many have been remodeled and updated like ours was at the time. I see that the management changed since we moved so I can't comment on that. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,744 times
does anyone know what the condo fees are in this community?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland