Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,136 times

Advertisements

Hi forum,

I've been lurking on the real estate forum of city-data for awhile for house hunting, but purchasing was not in the cards for me this year. After taking two days off work to tour apartments, I still haven't found the garden style place or mid-rise that really works. Would you mind helping me think of some places I haven't looked at? I work just north of Bethesda, my girlfriend works in College Park.

Location: Very flexible, I've looked at Wheaton, northern Silver Spring, Forest Glen, Burtonsville, Glenmont, Grosvenor ("North Bethesda"), and that area off 495 at New Hampshire Avenue, any area inbetween those would work

Price: Again flexible, I'll pay anywhere from 1000 - 1500 for 1BR, which seems to cover all but the most expensive and cheapest places.

Amenities: None needed, I really have no need for these business centers, fitness centers, summer day camps, etc that they're throwing at me.

Places I've liked (in order):
Oak Hill (just south of Burtonsville) - really comfortable, nice non-1st floor apts, but worried about traffic to Bethesda that far out

Suburban Hill - nice, but would like garden style

Glenmont Forest - nice interior, cheap, but a little far out and a little grundgy outside

Avery Park - I would've signed a lease (nice inside+out), but as I'm driving through at 2pm on a Monday, there are all these people who look like they're old enough to be working, but didn't seem to have anything better to do than just hang out/walk around/not much

If you have any ideas of places I may be missing using the standard ApartmentRatings.com/Apartment Showcase book/move.com circuit, those would really help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 AM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,751,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesanderson View Post
Avery Park - I would've signed a lease (nice inside+out), but as I'm driving through at 2pm on a Monday, there are all these people who look like they're old enough to be working, but didn't seem to have anything better to do than just hang out/walk around/not much
Plenty of reasons for that. Night jobs. Construction jobs. Especially thing time of year, construction folks will often work really early. My husband (electrican forman), for example, sometimes starts as early as five am so he and his guys can do most of his outside work while its cooler. He is home by 3pm on many days.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:59 PM

46 posts, read 163,891 times
I used to live in Bethesda Park. It's a condo community, but many owners rent their units. Good neighbor, convenient for you to work and near the Beltway/Randolph for your GF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland