Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM

220 posts, read 703,907 times

Advertisements

Today I was at Rockville station waiting for a ride on bus and I what I saw was very surprising, something I would expect at Silver Spring. Does anyone know why east Rockville is becoming plagued with crime? all other ares of Rockville seem ok except for the Lincoln Park area. Why isn't there more police in that area? Now i'm from NE DC so I'm pretty much used to this sort of thing but, I was very surprised to see "up to no good" teenagers congregating at Rockville station. If Montgomery County is supposed to be one of the richest counties in this country why is crime increasing in affluent areas.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,720,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
Today I was at Rockville station waiting for a ride on bus and I what I saw was very surprising, something I would expect at Silver Spring. Does anyone know why east Rockville is becoming plagued with crime? all other ares of Rockville seem ok except for the Lincoln Park area. Why isn't there more police in that area? Now i'm from NE DC so I'm pretty much used to this sort of thing but, I was very surprised to see "up to no good" teenagers congregating at Rockville station. If Montgomery County is supposed to be one of the richest counties in this country why is crime increasing in affluent areas.
Rockville a ghetto? that's funny. What crime were these "up to no good" teenagers commiting? I used to commute to the Rockville station and I didn't see anything wrong, and I'm sure if you looked at the prices at the new luxury condos across the street in the huge "Rockville Town Square" you wouldn't find "ghetto" prices.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 PM

789 posts, read 2,563,307 times
lol..well I was in Flower Valley this past weekend looking at houses with my bro-in-law, and it didn't look ghetto to me.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
I think he saw black people.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM

52 posts, read 174,226 times
Default Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Ha! Reputation point for you!

Rockville is a nice, upscale, high income area with a great selection of shopping centers and restaurants.

DCnative1990 are you serious? What do you have against black people?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM

230 posts, read 859,619 times
I live in Silver Spring and I can tell you that Rockville is nowhere near ghetto! All teens "hang out";that's what they do. Doesn't mean they're up to no good or that the station is suddenly plagued with crime.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM

407 posts, read 1,263,681 times
Shouldn't those teens be in school instead of at the bus stop?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersnax View Post
Ha! Reputation point for you!

Rockville is a nice, upscale, high income area with a great selection of shopping centers and restaurants.

DCnative1990 are you serious? What do you have against black people?
Like I said, check out East Rockville and then reply, and I'm black my damn self cuz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I'm 19 years old and black and live in a run down part of DC. I almost got jumped simply because I didn't offer one of then a cigarette that I didn't have. So kill that ASAP.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot2000 View Post
I live in Silver Spring and I can tell you that Rockville is nowhere near ghetto! All teens "hang out";that's what they do. Doesn't mean they're up to no good or that the station is suddenly plagued with crime.
No. Maybe you and all of these PG and MoCo posters need to stand outside Rockville station during the evening and late night and see the **** that goes on there. I would tell more but dont want MCP knocking at my door.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 PM

man wholetime this thread just blew me. If I wasn't black, do you think I would live in Far Northeast as stated in my location? There are no other ethnic groups in my area. Plus y'all need to stop acting simple on here. I'm pretty sure if any of yall walk past 15 ***** i mean dudes sellin tree (slang for marijuana) and being the fake thugs that they really are yall would see what im sayin. is that so hard to get in ya minds??? geez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland