Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,908 times

Advertisements

Okay, so i moved here to glenmont,.you know the area around the glenmont metro and shopping center..borders wheaton. At first I was just happy to move, because i lived in white oak on stewart lane for a while and the area wasn't so great. Now im really regretting the move..because i thought the area would be safer,..but its 50 times worse than white oak. There is so much crime in this area, and the police are not that much help. I live in winexburg manor neighborhood, and there is a park police in the neighborhood and a police station across the street(god knows we need them)but the police aren't doing a great job keeping the area safe. They hardly keep people from commiting crime. I only lived here for a month and my car got broken into 3 times(the car was locked), my neighbors are crazy with their parties that last until the morning, and even more commotion occurs when the drunk people wander outside. Drugs are being sold almost everywhere, i always here gunshots, the area is just rundown, and i don't like to use the word but its straight up ghetto. The people at white oak were the type of wannabe ghetto, but these people are straight from the hood type ghetto. They destroy anything. Not everybody in glenmont is like this let me assure you, there are many nice and respectful people, but a ton of the opposite. The kids here skip school a lot, and drink and smoke weed and throw parties, blast their music 24-7 its insane. Anyone else has the same experience? Any views on glenmont?

Last edited by dirvonte83; 01-25-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 02:48 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirvonte83 View Post
Okay, so i moved here to glenmont,.you know the area around the glenmont metro and shopping center..borders wheaton. At first I was just happy to move, because i lived in white oak on stewart lane for a while and the area wasn't so great. Now im really regretting the move..because i thought the area would be safer,..but its 50 times worse than white oak. There is so much crime in this area, and the police are not that much help. I live in winexburg manor neighborhood, and there is a park police in the neighborhood and a police station across the street(god knows we need them)but the police aren't doing a great job keeping the area safe. They hardly keep people from commiting crime. I only lived here for a month and my car got broken into 3 times(the car was locked), my neighbors are crazy with their parties that last until the morning, and even more commotion occurs when the drunk people wander outside. Drugs are being sold almost everywhere, i always here gunshots, the area is just rundown, and i don't like to use the word but its straight up ghetto. The people at white oak were the type of wannabe ghetto, but these people are straight from the hood type ghetto. They destroy anything. Not everybody in glenmont is like this let me assure you, there are many nice and respectful people, but a ton of the opposite. The kids here skip school a lot, and drink and smoke weed and throw parties, blast their music 24-7 its insane. Anyone else has the same experience? Any views on glenmont?

You should probably post your thoughts in the DC or Maryland forum as this really doesn't relate to Baltimore.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,273 times
The problem my friend, is that you live in WINEXBURG apartments lol. If you live in Winexburg Apts, Georgian Woods, or Peppertree...and of course HEWITT Avenue.... pretty much any of the subsidized apartment housing in the area. All the ghetto kids live there.

I went to Kennedy High School and thats where all the troublemakers lived. There are tons of nice neighborhoods in the area, I live in Strathmore @ Bel Pre near Georgian Forest, and most of the houses off of Layhill are pretty darn nice looking neighborhoods.

It's just that you are in subsidized apartment housing where they cram a bunch of lower income folks into a small dense area, then trouble occurs. That seems to be the recipe for MoCo in general... Washington Grove in Gaithersburg is like this... Castle Boulevard in Burtonsville...

Little dense alcoves of ghetto-ness in an otherwise very well off area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland