Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 16,032 times

Advertisements

To All,

I recently moved to Burtonsville, and have a few unusual questions......

Who picks up waste/weekly trash? (I know the county doesn't support us, already called)

Who picks up recycling?

Any good Mexican restaurants?

Do we have a dog park nearby?

Unusual, or weird at best, they are my "stupid questions".

I've already tried searching for waste removal and the likes, and came up with "All Starr Waste/Recycling", but it doesn't say if they do weekly residential. On top of that Yelp has been anything but cooperative on "good foods", and I would love to find a close eatery in which too dine and have a few beers.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

- Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM

29 posts, read 85,499 times
I use B+B Refuse, they do weekly pickups.
Good cuban Resterant on Old Columbia Pike, in "downtown"
Call Montgomery County, and they will drop off a bin and give you your pickup day.

I'm not aware of a dog park around here.

Last edited by sam2956; 05-04-2010 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: poor spelling

Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 AM

5 posts, read 16,032 times
Overall sounds good! One problem though..... I contacted Montgomery County and they stated they did not cover my area for recycling. Is that where you received your recycling bin from?? Last thing, what is the name of this "good Cuban restaurant" downtown? Thanks for the info though.

- Brian

Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM

2,038 posts, read 4,553,298 times
For mexican food, downtown Silver Spring has a few. One is Mi Rancho on Ramsey Avenue and across the street is a cuban restaurant (can't remember the name).
Of course, there is always Don Pablos in Laurel. Also Laurel has quite a few other latin food restaurants (honduran, el salvador, etc.) Laurel and Silver Spring are both close to Burtonsville.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,880 times
There is a Cuban place off 198 called Cuba de Ayer. It has good reviews online.
It is just before you turn into Rita's.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:06 PM

29 posts, read 85,499 times
Call the Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services, 240.777.6410, or www.montgomerycountymd.gov/recycling

Unless you are located in a neighborhood where the recycling is a function of the HOA, then the county should be doing the pickup. To my knowledge, all of the 20866 Zip code gets this service.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland