Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 24,547 times

Advertisements

HI,
I'm newly single and planning to go out with some friends in DC this weekend. We're in our late 30's and would like to go out dancing/drinking to places in DC where there are others our age there (as opposed to all 20-somethings like there seem to be in Clarendon). Also suggestions for places in Arlington for 30/40 somethings would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,168 times
No clue for Arlington but for DC I go to Ozio's to hang out with a older professional crowd thats in their late 20's-30's even early 40's. But my sense of the DC scene is that all age groups intermingle together especially dowtown around Mst/Lst Nw...Adams Morgan will be a young 20 something crowd and so will Bethesda/Georgetown.. Also check out the Penn Quarter area as well, alot of older folks walking around looking for something to do on that side of town...

Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 AM

414 posts, read 2,280,680 times
There are actually a nice selection of places you can go, that range from upscale to grimmy for the age group you're interested in. But it really just depends on the "look" you prefer...But as the previous member stated if you go to a 21+ spot, you will typically see more age mingling if you will. You'll typically come across a younger crowd at clubs, so you are going to want to focus more on lounges, and sport-bars types of places. Just remember that the single seen is primarily dominated by 20 y/o - 30 y/o age groups...the 30+ age group of singles and places to "hang out" are a little more scare.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 AM

82 posts, read 567,532 times
As a 30 yr old I suggest Gallery Place..places like Zengo, Zaytinya, Oya, Zola, IndeBlue..some are restaurants with a happening bar scene others are lounge types places. The crowds will be a sophisticated, working, 30 professional, crowd, not the just out of college, Miller Lite, shot drinking crowd you will find in Adams Morgan and G'town. If you are more into a traditional bar..there is the Chop House, Gordon Biersch, Fado, Rocket Bar and Clydes in the area as well.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 PM

13 posts, read 79,755 times
Maybe check out The Big Hunt near Dupont. Everytime I am in there, it tends to skew a bit older, but a good scene nonetheless.

There are a few bars in Old Town Alexandria that might be worth checking out. That whole area seems to skew to the 30s/early 40s crowd. I work near there, but unfortunately I can't give any recommendations as I am in my mid-20s and live right near Clarendon, so that tends to be my scene. I can see how you wouldn't enjoy it. Stay the hell away from Adam's Morgan. Even I hate going there. Way too overrun with people who are ****-drunk and too many random fights.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 24,252 times
Smile What's going on around this town.

I need to know a few places to go to. I am in my forties and new to the DC arrea. I am living in Laurel, MD but have not found much going on here. I would like to find a club/lounge/bar that has a variety of age groups and races. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 AM

13 posts, read 109,890 times
Thumbs up DC hot spots

Hi,there,
I love DC even though I live in San Francisco. In the past year I have stayed 3 months in Rockville area for work. With my co-workers (who were, also, out of town) we were going out pretty much every night, especially to DC on weekends. I highly recommend Gazuza and Chi Cha lounge - had best time ever! I, also, heard good things about Big Hunt and Dragon Fly! To get some visual impreesions, please use the link Legal Drinking Age Check.
Have fun and let me know how that goes.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:08 PM

68 posts, read 110,055 times
Lucky Bar on Connecticut Ave--between the White House and Dupont has (or at least used to) 1 dollar Budweiser night on Thursdays. It rocks. Some people hang with their work cliques and don't take off their ties, but there are plenty of other, more friendly types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: