Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,641 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am planning on moving to DC for a new job that starts in early April 2011. I am trying to line up a roommate for when I get there.

A little about me. I am:
an African-American female
24 years old
straight
a college-graduate
a medical school application hopeful
going to be doing health services research
originally from Georgia
clean and neat
allergic to dogs and cats...so no pets sorry :-(
nice
easy-going
funny

I would like to find a place for around 900 - 1200. Being close to the city would be awesome, but probably is unrealistic within that price range. I'm also open to living in Silver Spring, Bethesda, or Arlington. Preferably in a place close to the metro.

Contact me if you may be interested! Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,947,289 times
You're way too early I get it, I was nervous about finding roommates when I was moving here too, but realistically you won't find anyone advertising available rooms or looking for roommates until 1-2 months out, when their current leases expire. Get a feel for the areas you want to live in, and then come back in late February or March to try to find a roomie. I'd suggest Craigslist as a good starting place.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM

720 posts, read 1,555,069 times
your best bets will most likely be craigslist and the Marketplace feature on Facebook

Old 12-17-2010, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,641 times
Thank you for the replies! I'll probably repost closer to my move date and will definitely look on Craigslist and FB. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC