Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM

468 posts, read 1,336,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
do it before your late twenties so you can compensate for lost time without looking like some old creep who hasn't "grown up" and still wants to party it up with young girls.
But isnt that what most married men in their 40s, 50s and 60s basically want to do anyway?

I know plenty of married men who scored a woman in the DC area, married them, bought a house and had children but eventually got tired of it all. They just stay with their wives because a bitter divorce would forever ruin them financially.

Getting turned down by the DC ladies might be a blessing in disguise for some of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,260,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
Ok so I am 24 years old and in grad school here I have grown up in DC/MD my entire life. The problem is I have a HUGE problem meeting women in DC. Wherever I go I have a problem here. I do get numbers and whatever but its not the same as other places.

For example, I lived in Manhattan during the summer and I must have met around 10x the amount of ladies I meet here. I mean around 4-5 numbers per night and they were MUCH more attractive not to mention a billion times friendlier. I even got met a couple of models there

Then I go to Pittsburgh, I meet TONS of chicks there. And they are so much more homely, friendly, and attractive than chicks here.

California? Same exact deal, meet a bunch of chicks who are legitimately nice and friendly along with being extremely attractive.

Hawaii? I met a bunch of girls there too who are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. and these are people who live there/natives.

Florida/Miami? Same thing

But in DC, its impossible. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to meet any chicks here, they are not even 1/8th as of attractive as the chicks in other places (no offense to any women reading this thread). On top of that, they are extremely cold and not friendly at all. When I was in NY and CA, gorgeous women would smile at me all the time on the street or start up conversations and just talk while waiting in line. Here? Everyone stares at the ground and gives you cold stares while not talking to you at all. I am also Italian, Indian, and Brazilian, so its even harder here because it seems as if white sticks to white, black to black, asian to asian, etc. Whereas it doesnt matter in those other places Ive been to, they actually enjoy it more the diversity.

Its like the goldmine for cold, unfriendly, mean people who are not nearly as attractive as they think they are.
Looking at the original post again, it all makes sense now. You don't meet that many friendly women because you are FROM DC. When you go out in other places you are the different one, thus you stand out (DC swag, accent, mannerisms). In DC, none of that is special, and I find many women would rather avoid a DC native. Being different gets attention and automatically adds substance/memorability to your conversations. Maybe it's time for you to make a move out of the area...Or at least an extended visit.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
Looking at the original post again, it all makes sense now. You don't meet that many friendly women because you are FROM DC. When you go out in other places you are the different one, thus you stand out (DC swag, accent, mannerisms). In DC, none of that is special, and I find many women would rather avoid a DC native. Being different gets attention and automatically adds substance/memorability to your conversations. Maybe it's time for you to make a move out of the area...Or at least an extended visit.
What about all of the guys who are not from here who say they have trouble meeting ladies as well?

Honestly it all comes comes down to how much game each individual has regardless of where they are form.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 PM

339 posts, read 835,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
You might have something there. My friend from LA told me that women on the west coast like guys from the east coast. Not a bad theory of yours.

With that said...the DC area has women from all over the country. Which of course adds to the mystery as to why its so horrible to game here. One theory I have is that the DC area attracts a certain TYPE of woman. So even if you meet 20 different women from 20 different states they all share the same "personality". And the longer she has been in the DC area the worse that "personality" gets.

Last edited by Gilgamesh8; 01-27-2011 at 01:22 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 01:20 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,260,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
What about all of the guys who are not from here who say they have trouble meeting ladies as well?

Honestly it all comes comes down to how much game each individual has regardless of where they are form.
I personally don't believe in game. I believe in talk to a woman normally and if she is not interested she'll end the conversation.

Also, when I went to school in Miami (a place where all the Floridians say girls are stuck up gold-diggers), I was pulling them left and right and I was a broke student with a Mazda. The Florida girls would comment on how I dressed and talked, etc., but I would rarely get comments like that in Virginia (where I'm originally from)

Old 01-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
You might have something there. My friend from LA told me that women on the west coast like guys from the east coast. Not a bad theory of yours.

With that said...the DC area has women from all over the country. Which of course adds to the mystery as to why its so horrible to game here. One theory I have is that the DC area attracts a certain TYPE of woman. So even if you meet 20 different women from 20 different states they all share the same "personality". And the longer she has been in the DC area the worse that "personality" gets.
Well then why not just go after the ladies who are actually from here who do not have that kind of personality?

I agree some ladie's attitudes only get worse as they enter their mid to late 20s and so on but eventually they will reach a point where they will humble themselves.

Unfortunately for them by the time they reach that point they are older and no longer in their prime and less sought after than they were before.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM

339 posts, read 835,756 times
I want everyone to read this article about the Dating scene in DC in 1996.
***** Hunt: Why is the District the home of the coldest shoulder in Western civilization? - Washington City Paper

I know its over 14 years old but I think it still holds true today.

"Guys like Tim are supposed to be having the time of their lives in D.C. Urban lore holds that there are something like five single women for every single man in the District. Actually, Census Bureau figures indicate that the odds aren't quite so skewed, but still, for every 100 single women, there are approximately 85 single men. Add in the high number of D.C. guys who don't swing with females of any sort, and D.C. bars should be packed with a massive surplus of women, many of them dying to beat the odds and find a nice fella. But every night in the District men march into the night armed with that juicy numerical advantage and end up collecting countless verbal knees to the groin—courtesy of the **** women north of the Potomac."

Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,790,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
Ok so I am 24 years old and in grad school here I have grown up in DC/MD my entire life. The problem is I have a HUGE problem meeting women in DC. Wherever I go I have a problem here. I do get numbers and whatever but its not the same as other places.
It's funny, when men/women bash DC for their lack of dating.

Dude, maybe you're not as hot as you think you are. I don't know.

All the woman here and you can't get a woman. You're a young man. It's apparent you're using the wrong biat. Maybe different places call for different stategy. Again, not sure.

Pitts women loved you, really. I guess they were so homely, they were honored to meet you.

It was a female from Cali posting the same story. In Cali nothing but love from men. Now, in the DMV, she's barely noticed.

Let's say, you are attractive. Dude, look behind you. It's other attractive guys in the game.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I want everyone to read this article about the Dating scene in DC in 1996.
***** Hunt: Why is the District the home of the coldest shoulder in Western civilization? - Washington City Paper

I know its over 14 years old but I think it still holds true today.

"Guys like Tim are supposed to be having the time of their lives in D.C. Urban lore holds that there are something like five single women for every single man in the District. Actually, Census Bureau figures indicate that the odds aren't quite so skewed, but still, for every 100 single women, there are approximately 85 single men. Add in the high number of D.C. guys who don't swing with females of any sort, and D.C. bars should be packed with a massive surplus of women, many of them dying to beat the odds and find a nice fella. But every night in the District men march into the night armed with that juicy numerical advantage and end up collecting countless verbal knees to the groin—courtesy of the **** women north of the Potomac."
How old were you in 1996?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,709,969 times
I normally hear white men and black women complain about dating in the DMV. Maybe there is a shortage of datable white chicks and black dudes in the city?

Now, I see a few brothers on CD always complaining about the shortage of black women in the city but I haven't met any dudes in real life in the area that complain.

Last edited by The Heartbreak Kid; 01-27-2011 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC