Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
It's plain and simple.... "DC isn't for everyone"!!!! DC has a 10 women for every 1 guy ration, ..

really? 10 women per men? Maybe I live in a parallel reality hahahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,069,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
Well I said this once and ill say it again, there isnt much diversity in what type of man a woman is attracted to in DC. No one is checking for the man on the come up, you need to already be on top when you come to DC, thats a lesson ive learned the hard way unfortunatly.
I hate to say it, but this is true!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolva1977 View Post
really? 10 women per men? Maybe i live in a parallel reality hahahahaha :d
lol

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM

468 posts, read 1,337,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Because most Honduran/Guatemalan/Salvadoran/Mexican are probably women that held less than desirable jobs. (cleaning etc). They are not like college graduates etc.
Since when did most men start caring about what women do for a living?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
well a most educated person can afford better clothes, better beauty treatments, a gym etc

Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,714,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
LMAO..I tried to explain this a few months back. True, there are a small percentage of guys (like myself) who care about a woman's educational level and career prospects but for most guys, they have a minimum standard and that is it. The dimepiece kindergarten teacher is just as good as the dimepiece lawyer. Hell, ask the hooters girls in Chinatown how many dates they get asked on a week.

Let me say this, while I have education and career prospect requirements for dating. All she need is a fine body, decent intelligence and a phat azz for me to smash..lol..

Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 AM

468 posts, read 1,337,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Also, DC girls LOVE hipsters and any person that seems really Kool or Trendy and always up to date on anything that goes on in the City or in the more kooler urban communities of DC... (WE call it "Staying HIP")... you dont wanna begin to converse with a girl from DC and she starts hitting you with a bunch of trendy topics and you have that blank look on your face like your completely lost as to what she's talking about, because believe me she will know..... So try doing some of these things that Iv'e mentioned and you'll be fine.... PS Im a guy and a DC Native and I have yet to have any problems picking up chicks not just in DC but anywhere ...
You are kidding right?

Ripping off and stealing fashion ideas from times past = Up to date?

Paying inflated rents = Staying Hip?

How old are you?

15?

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,714,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
well a most educated person can afford better clothes, better beauty treatments, a gym etc
Many apartments come with gym and some women just have naturally fit bodies.

DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
I normally hear white men and black women complain about dating in the DMV. Maybe there is a shortage of datable white chicks and black dudes in the city?

Now, I see a few brothers on CD always complaining about the shortage of black women in the city but I haven't met any dudes in real life in the area that complain.
Because we dont

Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Many apartments come with gym and some women just have naturally fit bodies.
I am taking about the person who said some hispanic ladies are not that attractive and well dressed, and I meant some of them have very hard jobs like cleaning, earning very little and have 2-3 kids to support, so obviously they might not be able to afford beauty treatments or gyms or super expensive (nicer) clothes.

In any case, I am a DC female (although too old to be in the OP dating pool) that have a great job, great education and ready to buy property, (I am hispanic btw). Most salvadorian women my age look 15-20 years older. I assume is due to their hard jobs.

JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC