Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM

9 posts, read 18,617 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am a teacher looking to move to a major city like NYC or DC. What does the education system look like in Washington DC and where are good places to live? I would need somewhere affordable, as you know teachers aren't the highest paid!! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 PM

468 posts, read 1,335,093 times
Are you trained in any martial arts?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 PM

13,702 posts, read 15,631,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shani143 View Post
Hello!

I am a teacher looking to move to a major city like NYC or DC. What does the education system look like in Washington DC and where are good places to live? I would need somewhere affordable, as you know teachers aren't the highest paid!! =)
D.C. really needs good teacher. It is trying to change dramatically right now. You also have the option of also working in Montgomery County to the northwest of the city, Prince George's County to the northeast and east of the city, and Arlington County to the south of the city. They all share borders with D.C. so they are great options also.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:09 AM

9 posts, read 18,617 times
Thank you MDAllstar....I will be checking it out.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,215,330 times
From my understanding the teachers in the District make the most money but of course inner-city schools often have a more challenging demographic than a lot of suburban ones.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM

32 posts, read 121,850 times
please keep us updated on what you decide. i am a certified teacher (reading/language arts and special education) and a licensed school counselor. i applied to DC schools last year and was not contacted until August. unfortunately my current contract in my current district (Dallas) had already come into effect by then. i plan on trying again this year in DC, along with a few other urban districts. i already have an interview with Clark County Schools in Vegas. however, i have fam in the DC/VA area, so it would be a preference. whichever big city you choose, i hope it works out for you. keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC