Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,622,234 times

Advertisements

I think this story is all too common. I really don't understand what black natives have to say when they complain about whites moving is. When was the last time you heard of a white DC resident attacking a black DC resident over their skin color? Anyone who thinks that a lot of the issues over gentrification aren't about race needs to wake up.

Guardian Angel Attacked By Teens On Metro: DCist

Old 03-14-2011, 02:29 PM

12 posts, read 32,281 times
This city, as well as many of the inner suburbs will always have a black vs white racial tension. It goes both ways though, the majority of whites in this area are either afraid of black people or look at us in an inferior way, hell its not only whites, its any person who not a native for the most part. Its a native vs transplant thing.

I mean I'll admit I don't like transplants like that, some are cool most aren't. Most transplants are either one of the five or all: cocky, pretentious, uppity, snooty, or rude. DC wasn't always like this, it used to be a lot more down to earth, now its the exact opposite. This doesn't have much to do with skin color but 99.9% of the people who are moving here and are already here are douchebags.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:32 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,707 times
Wow. I only hear about this local vs transplant tension on CD though. Most of the locals I have met have been cool peeps and didn't hold the fact that I am from MS against me. I am cool with everyone who has their head on straight. I can't deal with ignorance, no matter if you a transplant or not. Black or white.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 PM

468 posts, read 1,338,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormlakeSoutheastDC View Post
DC wasn't always like this, it used to be a lot more down to earth, now its the exact opposite.
I agree 100%

Old 03-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormlakeSoutheastDC View Post
This city, as well as many of the inner suburbs will always have a black vs white racial tension. It goes both ways though, the majority of whites in this area are either afraid of black people or look at us in an inferior way, hell its not only whites, its any person who not a native for the most part. Its a native vs transplant thing.

I mean I'll admit I don't like transplants like that, some are cool most aren't. Most transplants are either one of the five or all: cocky, pretentious, uppity, snooty, or rude. DC wasn't always like this, it used to be a lot more down to earth, now its the exact opposite. This doesn't have much to do with skin color but 99.9% of the people who are moving here and are already here are douchebags.
OK, but once again, what's the worse a transplant will do to you? Give you a snooty look? Have you even been attacked by 5 hipsters in deep v necks and tight pants on the metro? This racial tension you speak of is just normal people who don't want crime in their neighborhood. It's pretty much everyone who is not black vs. DC blacks. I don't see hispanics or asians doing this or asking for others to leave their city.

And I'll admit I don't like most natives here anyways. But that's pretty much where it stops. It doesn't give me a right to attack them. Apparently, this violence is a value that many DC natives (aka black) don't seem to want to give up.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
I agree 100%
So violence, drugs, and corruption is something that is down to earth?

Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
So violence, drugs, and corruption is something that is down to earth?
Yes the whole entire city was violence, drugs, and corruption before you moved here.

There was nothing in DC until after you moved here.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
And I'll admit I don't like most natives here anyways.
Your true colors are beginning to show.
Please continue to speak your mind.
I will not stand in your way.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Everyone already knows his views.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,242,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Wow. I only hear about this local vs transplant tension on CD though. Most of the locals I have met have been cool peeps and didn't hold the fact that I am from MS against me. I am cool with everyone who has their head on straight. I can't deal with ignorance, no matter if you a transplant or not. Black or white.
Yeah I've never really had a problem with the natives either. People are people if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC