Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 01:31 PM

41 posts, read 28,865 times

Advertisements

I wanted to get some opinions on deleware Ave SW off of M St. A friend of mine just bought a condo there in River Place? I remember that area being a open drug air market maybe 7-8 years ago. Has this changed? Is the area being gentrified? It's not far from Nationals Park. Have not been there in a looong time so would like some opinions. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,714,913 times
This is the third thread in three days about River Park. Read the other two. Yes, the area is gentrifying but River Park sits at the edge of the gentrified and non-gentrified SW. It basically serves as the dividing line. You can still find your dope a few blocks over.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,537,677 times
The historic dividing line in SW was 4 1/2 Street, now just 4th St SW. There are a few housing projects between SW 3rd/Delaware/2nd and Half St SW; I don't know of any active plans to redevelop the housing, but the city has added a bit of new public investment with the new King-Greenleaf rec center.

The redevelopment around the new ballpark has replaced almost everything east of S Capitol, and the future Southwest Waterfront development will change everything west of 6th SW, but besides Waterfront Station there aren't as many active plans for what's in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC