Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 PM

80 posts, read 144,866 times

Advertisements

Worst:
-Anacostia
-Minnesota ave
-Deanwood
-Benning road
-Landover
-Capitol Heights
-Addison Road
-Congress Heights
-Southern Ave
-Naylor road
-PG plaza
-West Hyattsville
-Suitland

Intermediate:
-Columbia Heights
-Georgia Ave - Petworth
-U street
-Mt. Vernon Sq
-Wheaton
-Silver Spring
-Takoma
-Brookland
-Rhode Island ave
-Gallery Place
-Navy Yard
-Waterfront
-Ft. Totten
-Shaw - Howard
-Potomac Ave

Any station I didn't name is safe.
I mean all of the stations are safe for the most part but its the area the surrounds some of these stations that can be sketchy or have high crime. But you shouldn't have any problems since you wouldn't be venturing out to those parts. The intermediate stations are relatively safe but things do happen in the area that they are in. Shaw, Columbia Heights and Shaw have housing projects or seedy blocks not too far a way from them and things to go down in those areas and robberies are high in those places at night. U street is okay for the most part but things do happen, like random shootings to robberies (doesn't happen everyday per se, but still enough to be noticeable.

To simply put it, don't walk around with expensive stuff visible and you'll be fine and dandy.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,338,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey Blando-Rattner View Post
My husband and I have been reading about this issue. But since we are able to afford to take cabs everywhere or pay for underground parking for our Mercedes S-Class, we'll never even have to take public transportation anywhere.
Who wants to bet this is the same troll as JoeyAmbrosia?

Seriously, no real person talks like this.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,690,066 times
Ok, I was hoping we'd have a mature discussion here but apparently when race is considered, it's impossible. I know, nothing new, still...
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC