Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
You don't think the senior appointed position are filled by people who are political? How sweet.
Better than being naive about why the city is putting up red light cameras. But hey, willful ignorance is bliss right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
No but I don't get my panties in a wad about little stuff like this board does.
Moving from one jail cell to another overnight because of a expired license is little stuff while people loiter around the streets looking suspicious? yeah okay.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:42 PM

149 posts, read 270,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Very true. DC will even ticket you for failure to change your license even when your not a resident. Before I moved to DC from MD I would frequently stay with a buddy of mine (commuting convenience) and during said time period Fenty began the aggressive parking enforcement system in DC. I remember one particular week I stayed at my friends twice (non consecutive days) and voila, the second day I stayed I had a lovely ticket in the morning for failure to change my tags. Four days later while visitng the same friend I came out to go home (the same night) and found another ticket. They eventually dismissed both tickets however I continued to receive tickets whenever I parked there. It was quite irritating as one must schedule time off from work and traspe down to traffic court to basically explain that you in fact dont live in the district. Additionally I couldn't quite for the life of me understand the premise that a MD license plate could be construed as a DC resident escaping DC licensing when both districts are so close. Especially when certain areas of MD are closer to the CBD than neighborhoods within DC. What a waste of tax payer money, court hearings and the such for an individual who does not in fact live within the district and is legally licensed in another is ticketed for failure to chnage licensing.
That's outrageous. Seems like if you're not a resident of DC and would like to spend more than a few hours visiting you shouldn't drive your own car. I wonder if they react the same for VA plates.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM

638 posts, read 929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachgeek View Post
That's outrageous. Seems like if you're not a resident of DC and would like to spend more than a few hours visiting you shouldn't drive your own car. I wonder if they react the same for VA plates.
Very true, especially under the Fenty administration. The city attempted to discourage most driving within the city by hiking meter rates, raising ticket fees and aggressively enforcing parking regulations. While I understand this logic in highly congested areas, I dont understand it in connection with lower density neighborhoods. My buddy lived within a quiet community with little in the way of commericial activity. Parking was hardly at a premium. I truely felt that such tickets merely amounted to an effort at money making for the district. If they ticket enough out of district driviers for such their bound to get a couple that never respond and then pay the ticket at a later date due to a credit report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC