Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 26,482 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a unique/cool restaurant/bar to take someone for their birthday. I'm from San Diego and there's all kinds of places that have cool themes, like a giant grill where you cook your own steak, mini golf with a restaurant, the booths are the back seats of old cars, etc.

I've been to H St Country Club in DC and that place is pretty awesome. What are other places in NOVA and DC that fall along these lines? They definately don't have to be fancy, just really awesome to experience.

Most of these places that I've found are hard to find if you try to do a general internat search so I definately need A LOT of help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 03:47 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,088,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru_bee View Post
I'm trying to find a unique/cool restaurant/bar to take someone for their birthday. I'm from San Diego and there's all kinds of places that have cool themes, like a giant grill where you cook your own steak, mini golf with a restaurant, the booths are the back seats of old cars, etc.

I've been to H St Country Club in DC and that place is pretty awesome. What are other places in NOVA and DC that fall along these lines? They definately don't have to be fancy, just really awesome to experience.

Most of these places that I've found are hard to find if you try to do a general internat search so I definately need A LOT of help!!!
Themed restaurant Washington, DC

I know a lot of people like Eatonville. I'd fast for a week first.

In NoVa, I might try a churrascaria in Tysons or a Korean BBQ joint in Annandale. I'd fast for a week again.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chima-brazil...orner?dfp_ex=1

Old 01-22-2012, 04:02 PM

220 posts, read 548,041 times
DC has a number of Ethiopian restaurants that are pretty unique. If you aren't familiar with Ethiopian food, it is served on communal plates and you use spongy bread called injera to scoop up the fun. It is a fun eating experience, especially if you haven't tried Ethiopian before. My favorite inexpensive Ethiopian place is Meskerem. I think Etete is also very popular and a bit more upscale.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,180,646 times
I spend a lot of time in Brazil and am familiar with churrascarias in both the U.S. and Brazil. I've been to two types in the U.S., including the greater DC area: those with high quality and high prices, and those with lower qualitya nd lower prices. It's all-you-can eat, so they obviously have to charge a fair amount due to those who eat a lot. For some, it's unique enough and fun enough to warrant the cost. Hint: don't fill up on salads, appertizers, etc., and if they bring cheaper cuts of meat around first, tell them what cuts you want. I'd find an Ethiopian restaurant more enjoyable, but to each their own.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:29 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,989,240 times
Occidental Grill
Old Ebbitt
Morrison Clark Inn

Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,543 times
El Pollo Rico. $15 gets you a piping hot, fresh-off-the-rack (whole) Peruvian chicken, along with your choice of two sides.

prettyugly.: Back to DC

Old 01-23-2012, 02:53 PM

48 posts, read 107,551 times
Chipotle

Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
El Pollo Rico. $15 gets you a piping hot, fresh-off-the-rack (whole) Peruvian chicken, along with your choice of two sides.

prettyugly.: Back to DC
I love this place.

My dad use to know the founder of the company who was previously a PhD in mechanical engineering.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiz View Post
Chipotle
Really?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoi137 View Post
I spend a lot of time in Brazil and am familiar with churrascarias in both the U.S. and Brazil. I've been to two types in the U.S., including the greater DC area: those with high quality and high prices, and those with lower qualitya nd lower prices. It's all-you-can eat, so they obviously have to charge a fair amount due to those who eat a lot. For some, it's unique enough and fun enough to warrant the cost. Hint: don't fill up on salads, appertizers, etc., and if they bring cheaper cuts of meat around first, tell them what cuts you want. I'd find an Ethiopian restaurant more enjoyable, but to each their own.
Do you know what happened to the chaurrascaria on 355 by the clearchannel building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC