U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM

5 posts, read 7,980 times

Advertisements

I'm going to a concert at the Fillmore in silver spring in 3 weeks, and I need help finding a hotel that is walking distance of the metro. It probably has to be off the red line, since I assume transferring lines won't be an option since we will be cutting it close catching the metro that close to midnight. The catch is, it needs to be a Hampton inn, because I have scheduled work around the concert in order to get a free hotel. The one SINGLE convenient Hampton inn I can find, is a few blocks from the Fillmore, but my employer won't spend more than $200. So I need advice: Hampton inn, walking distance, red line metro, not the silver spring Hampton inn. Thanks for helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,436,586 times
You want a Hampton Inn but not the one in SS on Colesville Rd? It's only $109 a night according to hotels.com.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 PM

5 posts, read 7,980 times
Are there any walking distance from the red line, other than the one on colesville rd

Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM

1,622 posts, read 2,357,382 times
Only the Hampton Downtown-Convention Center in Chinatown is along the Red Line. If you're willing to take a cab, there's also a Hampton in College Park, kinda near SS.

Hilton owns Hampton Inn, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, etc. If you can go to other Hilton family hotels, there are more options: there are Hilton Garden Inns in Downtown, US Capitol, and Bethesda; plus Doubletrees in Silver Spring, Washington, and Bethesda.

The full-service Hiltons and the all-suite hotels will probably be more expensive, but FWIW there are two Hiltons along the Red Line in DC and five of the suite hotels along the Red Line in DC or Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC