Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,519 times

Advertisements

If so what areas of the country are you looking into and why? I am seriously considering the West Coast, from California to Washington state. The west seems like a better overall fit for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Not going to happen. Washington, D.C. will always be the nation's capital and is becoming a world hub, as far as I can tell.

This is a stock well worth investing in. :-)

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 08-16-2012 at 07:02 PM..

Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,573,997 times
No nobody is thinking of leaving the area. The people who post on this forum almost daily about how much they hate their lives here are just joking.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,457,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofnature View Post
No nobody is thinking of leaving the area. The same five people who post on this forum almost daily about how much they hate their lives here are just joking.
Fixed it.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
I have no desire to live in the city-proper of DC. I like the metro area the only other place I'd live outside of this area is SoCal and that's it.

Also:

This is the OP:
//www.city-data.com/forum/colle...ay-future.html

This is why everyone laughs and pokes fun at the American education system and Americans like him.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 PM

837 posts, read 1,798,063 times
1. Someone must be happy in DC.
2. I am someone.
3. I therefore must be happy.

Q.E.D. (!@#!!(@!!

DC ROCKS

Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
I think I'd like the West Coast better too, I see myself fitting right in SoCal.

But DC has tremendously grown on to me now, and it looks like I'm here to stay for a while.

Love DC, the metro area and everything it has to offer.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Yep. I've lived here for 18 years, by the time I graduate it'll be 19 years. I do like it here for the most part, I'd love to raise a family here, but dammit I wanna get out and see other parts of the country.

I'm looking at either Texas, Georgia, Maine, Colorado, Washington, California, and British Columbia. TX and GA because of the friendly southern attitudes (and TX has a pretty good job market if I'm not mistaken). Maine for the pretty scenery, cool weather and more proximity to DC. CO, WA, CA and BC for the awesome weather, hot and cool women, and fantastic marijuana laws. For those last four it'd largely come down to whether I could find decent-paying jobs in good parts of each state. I'd be looking at the Denver area, Seattle area, Bay Area, and Vancouver.

Like I said, this is a great place to raise a family and home is where the heart is, but I think it'd do me a lot of good to have a total change of pace and scenery.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:18 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yep. I've lived here for 18 years, by the time I graduate it'll be 19 years. I do like it here for the most part, I'd love to raise a family here, but dammit I wanna get out and see other parts of the country.

I'm looking at either Texas, Georgia, Maine, Colorado, Washington, California, and British Columbia. TX and GA because of the friendly southern attitudes (and TX has a pretty good job market if I'm not mistaken). Maine for the pretty scenery, cool weather and more proximity to DC. CO, WA, CA and BC for the awesome weather, hot and cool women, and fantastic marijuana laws. For those last four it'd largely come down to whether I could find decent-paying jobs in good parts of each state. I'd be looking at the Denver area, Seattle area, Bay Area, and Vancouver.

Like I said, this is a great place to raise a family and home is where the heart is, but I think it'd do me a lot of good to have a total change of pace and scenery.
That would be an interesting topic to explore - "is DC a great place to raise a family"?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Great schools, many many things to do, some great universities, tons of parks, lots of greenery. Sounds like the kind of thread you'd make Tiger

I'm glad I grew up here. I wish I had gone to public school but other than that I think it was great for me. There was always a lot to do (except for those awkward early HS years where you're too cool to go anywhere with your parents but none of your friends has a car) and you get exposed to so many different cultures, races, creeds, etc. I think only a few other cities/regions in the US would give a kid as much worldly exposure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC