Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times

Advertisements

^ so you just tell them you want to smash
and they say yes automatically? if so, lol
you're a wild guy.

that's real tho, if I'm understanding
you correctly.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM

10 posts, read 15,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
Concreterose,

What makes you think that the people making the most negative noise on this issue have any of the above attributes beyond existence? I've lived in and around DC on and off for over 25 years and probably fall into the "mildly average" category you mention above. Until I got married I found that I (a distinctly average looking guy albeit with a pretty good job and what I think is a pretty good personality) had more social life than I could handle. And while none of the women I dated was perfect, they all scored higher on the looks/personality/job continuum than I did. My friends pretty consistently pointed out that I dated "up." I don't look like Hugh Grant, and I didn't expect the women I dated to look like Scarlett Johansson, but a remarkably large number were strikingly attractive, highly accomplished, and a lot of fun to be with. Any guy who can't find a suitable social life in DC probably should look inward for the problem, not outward.

I was trying to give some of these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Also, +10000 to this entire post. I truly don't recognize the DC that some of these men describe. There are plenty of beautiful, witty, engaging women who *want* to date and not have to cuddle with their overpriced master's diploma at night.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 AM

513 posts, read 961,748 times
You guys are funny. Thanks for the laughs. If you see a 30 something women who looks like intellectual then she is probaly an opinionated liberal who expects her man to be subserviant.

If you see a model then she will be high maintenance.

If you see a normal frumpy looking white chick then she will appreciate any attention she gets from any man.

If you meet a socialite, she will look scan you over fairly quickly and get your resume before even deciding to talk to you. Assuming you have something in common (school, common friends, etc) you might get a date.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
u dress nice, tell em u an ivy league grad and got a benz then hit it, tell her u lied and flee
now she feels dumb...
she thought u a sucka, but she's the one

N.W.A - I ain't the one - YouTube

Old 09-09-2012, 03:55 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreterose View Post
I was trying to give some of these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Also, +10000 to this entire post. I truly don't recognize the DC that some of these men describe. There are plenty of beautiful, witty, engaging women who *want* to date and not have to cuddle with their overpriced master's diploma at night.
Agree, and if we had smart witty all around awesome girls running the streets in packs we would have alot less single guys in DC now wouldn't we? :-)

Last edited by vicnice; 09-09-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,692 times
Lol u cool as hell ^
Next time you in DC hit me up fool imma give you da tour, u might leave DC wit a kid, son lol
Them College girls are sweet for it. Im married now so i cant eff around but ill get ya hip

Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM

14 posts, read 15,757 times
this thread is terrible

Old 09-11-2012, 02:18 PM

361 posts, read 854,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid_Moments View Post
this thread is terrible

yeah. I'm hoping that most of this is tongue-and-cheek, but as I come across so many emotionally stunted grown men, I'm guessing it's not.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid_Moments View Post
this thread is terrible

I agree. It's getting closed just like the previous one, and for the same reasons.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC