Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,987,381 times

Advertisements

Vace on Connecticut is our favorite pizza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,360 times
BGR is hands-down one of my favorites. I usually go to the one in Dupont. I also like Elevation Burger out in Hyattsville on Baltimore Ave, although I believe Arlington and Falls Church also have them--forgive me if someone already mentioned that. Finally, Thunder Burger & Bar in Georgetown also does some great burgers. I can't remember which day of the week it is, but each week they do a new, very unique burger.

Sidenote: Glad to hear that the Z-Burger in Columbia Heights is finally open.

I need to check out some of these others mentioned here.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I've never tried nor seen a burger at Whole Foods and I'm quite the frequent shopper there; the main sandwich I get from there is the Chicken Pesto, if you haven't tried it, you should; make sure you get a lemonade on the side as well. I think I'll pass on Black and Oragne, far too many negative reviews for my taste. And what is BGR?

Are there burgers like Fuddruckers? Fuddruckers has terrible burgers to me unless you put all sorts of condiments on it, and even then it's not that good until the next day to me. Chipolte and Fuddruckers are the two places that never taste good the first day to me, but are amazing as left overs for some reason.

I plan on avoiding that place like a plague, seems like no one here has there burgers are excellent or even decent at the least.

My next question now is, where are the good pizza places?

Personally, my favorite is "Fuel" which is by the Verizon Center but I'm always up to explore more options.
For pizza, I am a die-hard Ledos lover! I love the choice toppings and the tangy, sweet pizza sauce. There's a lot of them here in PG County (The original one is actually up in Adelphi, MD) and I believe in Silver Spring as well. I also love Three Brothers, most especially when the pizza is just out the oven and is all hot with the cheese melted! God, it's so good!!

I just wish Shakey's was still here. Used to be one in District Heights just off of Silver Hill Rd across the street from Penn Station Shopping Center that I used to love going to back in the late '90s and early '00s as a little kid. There pizza was THE BEST!!! And I used to love to play in the small arcaderoom in the back as we waited for our pizza or whenever there was birthday party. I also miss the handful of aquariums in Shakey's and the nice looking décor of Shakey's interior...It also seemed like a quirky joint to me....I MISS IT SO BADLY

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM

518 posts, read 1,450,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
For pizza, I am a die-hard Ledos lover! I love the choice toppings and the tangy, sweet pizza sauce. There's a lot of them here in PG County (The original one is actually up in Adelphi, MD) and I believe in Silver Spring as well. I also love Three Brothers, most especially when the pizza is just out the oven and is all hot with the cheese melted! God, it's so good!!

I just wish Shakey's was still here. Used to be one in District Heights just off of Silver Hill Rd across the street from Penn Station Shopping Center that I used to love going to back in the late '90s and early '00s as a little kid. There pizza was THE BEST!!! And I used to love to play in the small arcaderoom in the back as we waited for our pizza or whenever there was birthday party. I also miss the handful of aquariums in Shakey's and the nice looking décor of Shakey's interior...It also seemed like a quirky joint to me....I MISS IT SO BADLY
Shakey's is all over Southern California, but that's it. Pupatella in Arlington has amazing Neopolitan pizza.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 9,360 times
I'm a fan of Matchbox for pizza. Can't think of anywhere else in DC I go for pizza.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post

I use to absolutely love Ledos back when I lived in NC, although the service was terrible; unfortunately our location had closed. It was the only square pizza that I ever liked, and the pizza was actually reasonably priced. I never heard of Shakeys but I would've loved to try it! I'm going to Rays burgers tomorrow, I can't wait to try the hype out!

What do you all think of changing the title to this thread? I think we all should contribute and tell of the great restaurants in our area, because for people like myself who are still kind of new to the area, we don't know what to try. I'll ask one one of my moderator friends if they change the title of that thread to "Great Eateries: DC Area."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalecoDC View Post
I'm a fan of Matchbox for pizza. Can't think of anywhere else in DC I go for pizza.
You should try out Fuel, it's quite excellent if you ask me.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvine View Post
Shakey's is all over Southern California, but that's it. Pupatella in Arlington has amazing Neopolitan pizza.
Yeah, I found that out recently. I definitely check the one on Wilshire Blvd whenever I visited L.A. I'm also interested in checking out In-N-Out Burger too, see how that tastes in the buds of this loyal Five Guys/Shake Shack lover lol

Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I use to absolutely love Ledos back when I lived in NC, although the service was terrible; unfortunately our location had closed. It was the only square pizza that I ever liked, and the pizza was actually reasonably priced. I never heard of Shakeys but I would've loved to try it! I'm going to Rays burgers tomorrow, I can't wait to try the hype out!

What do you all think of changing the title to this thread? I think we all should contribute and tell of the great restaurants in our area, because for people like myself who are still kind of new to the area, we don't know what to try. I'll ask one one of my moderator friends if they change the title of that thread to "Great Eateries: DC Area."

I think you would have fallen in love with Shakey's too And yeah, I fully support changing this thread title to "Great Eateries: DC Area". The DC metro area is a nice representative of a fairly diverse city (The District) and an almost overwhelmingly diverse metro area (The suburbs and exurbs) and the food and regional culinary scene reflects this.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:

Speaking of food, since you lived in NC, have you ever had a Cookout Burger? How would you rank it with the burgers up here?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Speaking of food, since you lived in NC, have you ever had a Cookout Burger? How would you rank it with the burgers up here?
Whoa! Cookout is AWESOME! I've honestly wanted to bring it up here, there burgers are above average but the best part about their menu is the milk shakes; they're purely amazing. Anytime I go there I would get a Cheeseburger Combo with Nuggets, a cheesecake milkshake, and fries. I would definitely consider opening a few in our area if the capital was available, but I'm not sure if they franchise. I would also like to open a Zaxbys as well, it's not a burger joint but more like a great chicken place. Anyways, if you ever visit NC, try Cookout, it's great. But I've only tried like two burger places here, Bobby's Burger Palace, and some other place that was terrible. Cookout taste more like cookout food, BBP taste corporate so that's why I believe Cookout taste pretty well in comparison to BBP.

I'm trying Rays tomorrow, so I'll give my opinion on it tomorrow. Can anyone suggest what burgers are good? I looked at the menu, and I kind of wanted the Big Devil Original Burger but at the same time I want to eat something I've never tried before, but taste delicious as well; any suggestions?

I'm thinking of any other popular NC franchies that I liked. Highway 55 which is formerly known as Andy's is good as well, it sort of reminds me of Johnny Rockets in Georgetown except its far better to me at least. Bojangles didn't really fit my taste, but nonethless people down there go Bojangles a lot especially for breakfast. Back in the city I lived in, Greenville, we also had a fairly great Japanese restaurant called "Fuji Japan", I've yet to find a place like that here but if someone who has visited Fuji before could tell me of a place like that here, I'd glady try it.

Last edited by BMORE; 07-10-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: