Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM

12 posts, read 25,485 times

Advertisements

So we visited DC this weekend and ended up getting an apartment at the new building across from Eastern High School.

The Neighborhood reminded us a bit of Queens, NY. We don't plan on having a car so we'll be using the Stadium Armory Metro a lot.

How is this neighborhood in general? We don't party a lot and I don't even own a smart phone. Are there any areas of persistent violence? Any blocks to avoid in the evening walking from the metro?

Do any of you live near here or know anyone who does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,529,363 times
The further north and east you go the more "hood" it gets. The neighborhood is transitional with mostly black and white residents, old timers and newbies alike, and class ranging from poor to upper middle.
All and all its an okay nabe.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,529,363 times
As far as crime its definitely more property crime than anything, but its best to keep common sense and street smarts handy. Again though, the closer you get to Benning road the worst it gets and forget about going east of the river, its a whole different world over there.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM

12 posts, read 25,485 times
I saw a lot of cops and a SWAT vehicle when we were driving on the other side of the bridge.

Honestly I'm a homebody. I go out mostly for food and business. That said I've only lived in wimpy places my whole life, though I work in South Boston which is considered transitional.

Do you guys know what was across from the school before these new apartments?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 PM

411 posts, read 901,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerriwetheriii View Post

Do you guys know what was across from the school before these new apartments?

a housing project/crappy apartment building for years. I have a couple of aunts and uncles that attended there in the 50's (they lived on 13th and k). The building was very old I know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC