Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,528,192 times

Advertisements

As a DC native who moved to Bmore recently I like charm city. Why are so many DC area so conceited when it comes to Baltimore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 11:54 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Because Baltimore is a freaking ghetto - in very large part. Otherwise, it does have some good points of interest.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times
No one even mentions Baltimore. That's like me claiming Michael Phelps constantly makes fun of me for being a worse swimmer than he is as if that is the focus of his life. Baltimore has the massive insecurity complex being so close to DC. I'd rather live in B-more than DC but I think its ridic that they think people in DC even care.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,204,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No one even mentions Baltimore. That's like me claiming Michael Phelps constantly makes fun of me for being a worse swimmer than he is as if that is the focus of his life. Baltimore has the massive insecurity complex being so close to DC. I'd rather live in B-more than DC but I think its ridic that they think people in DC even care.
For once, I agree with PhenomenalAJ. And Bmore seem to have this inferiority complex towards Philly sometimes too. And we don't call it "Sloitimore" for nothing either. I like Baltimore in all and I have some family up there too, but there still a bunch of bamas. Otherwise, most of us in the DMV couldn't careless about Baltimoreans with the exception of family. You on the other hand MahatmaX got quite the obsession with them. Kind of ironic don't you think? Let me guess, this thread took inspiration from the "This anti-DC attitude from Baltimoreans?" thread from the Baltimore forum didn't ya?

Last edited by tcave360; 08-07-2013 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,137 times
nobody here cares about Bmore honestly

Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,573,509 times
Most of the people I talk to in DC have nice things to say about Baltimore. They are jealous of the very low cost of living you can find there, while still getting a vibrant city with lots of entertainment options and good restaurants. I know many people who would move to Baltimore if they could find a good job there. But if there were as many jobs in Baltimore as they are in DC, the cost of living differential would start to narrow.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
I don't know that much about baltimore but
every time I go, it just reminds me of a
blue collar type of dc. i don't really see much
of a difference really, except that baltimore
has more run down areas than dc.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,204,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Because Baltimore is a freaking ghetto - in very large part. Otherwise, it does have some good points of interest.
+2 Yeah, save for Inner Harbor/Downtown area, Harbor East area, Midtown, and Fells Point, the rest of Baltimore City has seen.....better days, especially both East and West Baltimore. Hopefully that will change soon. They're a bunch of bamas (native blacks/whites), but they do have a pretty quintessential American city in my eyes. They just need to get more proactive (STOP BEING COMPLACENT!!!) into bettering their city while at the same time retain that city's distinguishable identity/charm and in some places, attractive grit. If they could do that, heck, even I wouldn't mind living up there someday.

Last edited by tcave360; 08-07-2013 at 12:44 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,958,041 times
Honestly most of us in DC like the city. It is run down, but great people, less buttoned up, more authentic. I love DC, but Baltimore is good place with good people.
As somebody stated with a little work it could be the Portland of the east coast, but more legitimately weird.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
As a DC native who moved to Bmore recently I like charm city. Why are so many DC area so conceited when it comes to Baltimore?

For the same reasons that you mentioned you do not like about Baltimore, in the Baltimore forum.

More specifically, the extent of violent crime and the locals' complacency to it really turns me off.

What a depressing state of affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC