Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 12:26 PM

494 posts, read 1,191,056 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'd like to get some idea of the cost of transporting a 10YO girl to her dance class in upper NW. She is progressing in her class and this requires her to attend classes for more time and less on the weekends (when we used to be able to take her). Anybody ever gotten a car service for this? Cost?

She will be attending class 4 days a week (mon to Thur) from 4-6ish or so in the afternoon. Also, we will be coming from Arlington, where her school is. Maybe, just picking her up from school then dropping off. Though, if it's cost efficient, have the driver to the pick up and drop off at home. All depends on cost. Both of us work 9 to 6 so this fall promises to be challenging.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:57 PM

687 posts, read 1,376,556 times
No way in the world I would let a 10 year old girl ride alone in a cab or even a private car service. I would never trust the typical driver. I know that isn't what you want to hear but I take cabs and airport shuttles regularly and have seen a lot of disturbing behavior from these drivers.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 PM

494 posts, read 1,191,056 times
^^ Thanks. I know I've seen a middle eastern looking man pick up one of the girls at our school. I "assume" he drives her and is not the father because he is always wearing black pants and white shirt. Never any displays of affection. And, the girl is white. So, I think, people do do this.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:52 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio69 View Post
^^ Thanks. I know I've seen a middle eastern looking man pick up one of the girls at our school. I "assume" he drives her and is not the father because he is always wearing black pants and white shirt. Never any displays of affection. And, the girl is white. So, I think, people do do this.

Which means the father is probably able to afford/has a corporate perk for personal limousine services, provided by a reputable, authorized company.

If you are able to afford that then it could be a reasonably safe option I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC