Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco81 View Post
I like Curvy/athletic and brunette..most of my friends like very thin and blonde.
I can't lie. I see a lot of curvy brunettes around DC. Many with pouches or aren't as firm but nonetheless, they are curvy. Im into the chunky types so you can leave off the looks scale

Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
If your only real purpose in life is to "find a great woman" then that's your first problem right there.

And this is why today's women behave the way they do. Most men chase women and/or sex 24/7 and act like they have no other goal or purpose for living. If you are a woman.. how can you value a man who only cares about finding a wife and not much else?

What incentive does a woman have to be "good" these days when 99% of men treat her like royalty? Every where she goes men are groveling at her feet. Why should she behave herself? What for?
It isn't my only purpose in life but it's the one thing I'm really missing. I'm gonna be done with college soon, I'll probably get a job I enjoy, I have a car I love, and I'm probably gonna get a pet in the future. The only things I really still want/need are the ability to travel the world (which will come with time) and a woman.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 AM

513 posts, read 961,639 times
Quote:
Ok let me get more specific and be very clear about what I'm trying to say here. I do think we agree in many areas but somehow I feel you are resisting when you don't need to resist.

I will add for reference that using NYC doesn't help. That is also fairly snooty, but in a different way than DC. It's still much easier to meet and make new female friends in NYC, but anywhere in the South, California, West Coast anywhere girls are more polite and down to earth.

Looks: Definitely a matter of opinion and choice. Obviously what I feel is a 10 you may find an 8 or maybe a 5 who knows? My point still stands. No matter how you feel about my 10 or my 5 I know what I perceive. I know I can approach my perfect 10 in most other cities (especially in other countries but that is a different story) and at least have a good conversation. I also know that I can approach a chunky disheveled looking DC hipster and simply ask for directions and I might get an eye roll or a smug answer. Bitchiness and frigidity are in the water in DC.

Also to add to the looks thing, there are certain universal standards to looks. There is the basic height/weight proportionate, good teeth, hair , skin that simply indicate a healthy reproductive member of the opposite sex. Above and beyond that much is about taste. I like Curvy/athletic and brunette..most of my friends like very thin and blonde.

I absolutely agree. Your 10's are my 5's.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 AM

67 posts, read 95,948 times
@McLeanExecutive - LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 10-03-2013, 10:49 AM

@ LDCM - Girls from the South do not tend to be as open with their sexuality as some other places. Then tend to be more "lady like" in public even if it's just an act (unless you're talking about trailer trash that is)

It sucks you had a bad experience in the South but I usually have no problem meeting nice people starting in VA (Below NoVA/DC area) and all through the South and over to Texas.

Not to say that Southerners are great, there are the stereotypes they play into as well, but in general I never got the cold shoulder or stand offish behavior while down South and esp. not with women.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
women from dc are the epitome of nonchalance.
second to them are women from miami, florida.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:41 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,386 times
Quote:
@ LDCM - Girls from the South do not tend to be as open with their sexuality as some other places. Then tend to be more "lady like" in public even if it's just an act (unless you're talking about trailer trash that is)

It sucks you had a bad experience in the South but I usually have no problem meeting nice people starting in VA (Below NoVA/DC area) and all through the South and over to Texas.

Not to say that Southerners are great, there are the stereotypes they play into as well, but in general I never got the cold shoulder or stand offish behavior while down South and esp. not with women.
I would agree with that.

I wouldn't say I had a bad experience, just not a good one. After 1 1/2 years in GA I had enough. Atlanta was ok but Macon was where I experienced the true southern culture. It was a good learning experience but there is no way I'd ever move back to GA unless it was Atlanta and even that's a stretch.

I think people are cordial down south for the most part but I had a very difficult time forming friendships and relationships. My attitude towards southerners had a lot to do with that though. I didn't like the culture or the people and I let it be known.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Go out at lunch time near Farragut west. You will see hotties everywhere. From Tourists, I street Lobbyists, Secretaries, etc. If you cant get digits and bang a few of them then you need to work on your appearance. Easily 2-1 female ratio.
Spot on!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:24 PM

The good news to all of this is that dating DC women, flirting with and hitting on DC women is like practicing for a marathon while you are up in the Himalayas. Once you come down from that rigorous and stressful training everything / everywhere else is a piece of cake.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
The good news to all of this is that dating DC women, flirting with and hitting on DC women is like practicing for a marathon while you are up in the Himalayas. Once you come down from that rigorous and stressful training everything / everywhere else is a piece of cake.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC