Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,765 times

Advertisements

Fellas. Let's figure this out.

DC girls are always like, "what do you do, where did you go to school". They're known across the world as the most UPTIGHT girls in the world, and it doesn't matter if she's amazing looking or 500lbs with a belly that's bigger than yours at the club.

So, unlike the NYC, Chicago, San Fran, OC, ATL, NC, and Seattle and CA girls, what makes girls between 21 to 30 different in DC?

I think girls think differently here, and what they want to do here is different that the states that I mentioned above. So, what is it?

Old 08-23-2013, 10:12 PM

158 posts, read 332,896 times
Well, as with anything, there are many factors that can and should be noted when making an assumption about the behavior of a gender within a certain geographical area. With that said, I do have my own theory, and it is probably not much different than the established stereotypes associated with the DC area in general.

Based on my personal experiences/observations, I would say the number one factor driving the "Uptight" behavior you mention is the highly educated and highly competitive general populous, which causes the average woman to ask the aforementioned questions such as "what do you do?" and "where did you go to school?". This average woman I speak of can ask this question because her social circle is generally very accomplished compared to many other parts of the country.

When comparing DC to the country's other talent hubs(i.e. NYC, LA, etc.), I do believe that the entertainment component helping drive their economies helps regulate how "uptight" a woman can be. For example, as a result of this entertainment factor, cities like L.A. and NYC are a little more superficial at their respective cores, therefore the physically average looking woman cannot really demand what the hot woman demands. As you mention, this is very different from DC where "it doesn't matter if she's amazing looking or 500lbs with a belly that's bigger than yours at the club."

I've also heard a funny theory when previously discussing this topic which says that because San Fran, NYC, and LA are private sector driven, they are more competitive, and it actually trickles down to the dating scene. Not saying I agree with the theory, but it made me think a little.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 PM

Actually, my friend posted this on my account. He thought, DC was way uptight.

He said, "So, when I say, I went to world class school, i make this much, and I know these people. Then what?" He makes high 6 figures.

I personally like, unlike my friend, an aggressive approach, where I say, "Nice shoes, DTF?". I also went to 1st tier college, make good money, very nice guy, able to kill someone with his bare hands if needed, and knows the answer to the ultimate question to, "does this make me look fat".

Yeh, I'm awesome.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:14 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Ladies didn't seem to make small talk much, but I wasn't really there for that. One thing I can say is there's lots to see in DC, and it's not just monuments and architecture.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Ladies didn't seem to make small talk much, but I wasn't really there for that. One thing I can say is there's lots to see in DC, and it's not just monuments and architecture.
I've noticed that it's, "where do you do, and where did you go to school?" for girls that even worth talking to.

I miss every other state than here. There are a lot of 35+ females in this state that's undecided, single, not married, amazingly fit and secured, that doesn't even know how to talk to the opposite sex!!!

It's amazing, how ambitious this city is. Females would rather be successful than have a child (come-on, females, biologically, scientifically, have that biological ticking clock by 29, 30, 31, and so o).

I had a buddy come from GA, and LA and they all mentioned this in their own ways. Apparently, it's that obvious. Even the easy girls are picky about the qualification, although, they are not even near the guys qualifications. For example, drunken Harvard graduate at this certain bar told me how a girl he talked to that he liked, that he thought she liked was going well, until she asked him where he went to school. He told me something like she was struggling with her finance, and he told her what she can do to make it right, and (unfortunately) he talked about investing and bonds. She asked him where he went to school, where he worked and he answered honestly without being a DB, and said Harvard, and PWC. She was so turned off by that, he didn't know what hit him.

So what. Life is hard. You can find someone to be with you, but it's hard to find someone to love you for who you are at the end of the day. And most guys look for this. Guys don't want houses, if they had their way, they'll live in a refrigerator box under a bridge with Fios Quanthum 150mbps service with 5000 channels and their motorcycles, 70" HDTV and their sports cars, living off of plastic spoons and take outs.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:14 AM

The "easy" girls who are hung up on your "qualifications" without having any of their own are exactly what you need to avoid.

It's good to have ambition, but these women seem to have the wrong kind.

I'm only just now looking at going to school and I'm in my 30s. One might ask why I didn't go earlier, but let's say it's a good thing I didn't. At worst I'd have flunked out for being immature and at best I'd have a near-worthless degree (probably journalism). Now, I'm a bit more focused on getting into something that will bring a return of investment.

I've already been a journalist and photographer without going to school for it, but there isn't the kind of money that would pay the bills in a place like DC.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:20 AM

So, apparently, no girls come to this forum.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
So, apparently, no girls come to this forum.
Maybe they just want to know your credentials before they speak to you on the forum.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM

371 posts, read 425,926 times
DC girls are bourgie. They look more average than girls in different cities and are more picky because there are more men than females. They're very racially segregated and just harder to have a conversation with. Due to their awkwardness or whatever. Also the men in the DC, MD, VA area hit on every single girl no matter if she is a 2 or a 10. So 2's start thinking they are worth more than a 1 night stand and that offsets the balance of everything.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,558 times
People come to DC to work, so guess what the topic is going to be at the bar? People go to Augusta during the masters to play golf, people go to Indianapolis for the Indy 500, I doubt in those places you are going to get into random conversations about government contracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC