Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,487,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetEpiphany View Post
Speaking of decent places to live. I just came across this listing on Redfin: 318 RHODE ISLAND Ave NORTHEAST #302, WASHINGTON, DC 20002 | MLS# DC8172439 | Redfin

It's a 1 bedroom for $179, 500 and it says it's 2 blocks from the Rhode Island Avenue metro. The inside looks more than decent, at least with the way it's staged. It's listed as being in Brookland, but I think this is really Eckington or Brentwood or some place where Eckington, Brookland, and Brentwood intersect. I guess it's cooler to say it's in Brookland these days. Lol. So, there you have it folks, inexpensive housing.
Yeah that's not Brookland that's Eckington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
It's listed as a condo, and even with the $300 fee I still think it's a good deal. It's an older building but it has central air, a washer/dryer in the unit, it close to public transportation, restaurants, grocery store. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Only downside I see is that there seems to be a lot of crime in an around that address. The Trulia crime map was bright red for that area.
Seems like it would warrant closer inspection. It'll probably go fast though.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:06 PM

58 posts, read 101,384 times
It seems like the listings are picking up speed in general, unless they are in undesirable places.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 PM

137 posts, read 252,804 times
Quote:
It's listed as a condo, and even with the $300 fee I still think it's a good deal. It's an older building but it has central air, a washer/dryer in the unit, it close to public transportation, restaurants, grocery store. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Only downside I see is that there seems to be a lot of crime in an around that address. The Trulia crime map was bright red for that area.
Small condo buildings - especially in transitional areas - can have management issues that might end up being a source of major frustration down the road. Some banks might not finance them, HOA funds can be misspent and/or hard to collect, etc. Does look like a nice unit, but I wouldn't want to be the one guy in the fancy renovated place in a transitional area.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM

58 posts, read 101,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swested View Post
Small condo buildings - especially in transitional areas - can have management issues that might end up being a source of major frustration down the road. Some banks might not finance them, HOA funds can be misspent and/or hard to collect, etc. Does look like a nice unit, but I wouldn't want to be the one guy in the fancy renovated place in a transitional area.
Well, someone thought it was worth the "risk". It's under contract now. That didn't take long at all.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM

137 posts, read 252,804 times
Quote:
Well, someone thought it was worth the "risk". It's under contract now. That didn't take long at all.
This market is extremely, extremely irrational right now. I wouldn't judge something going under contract quickly as being a sign of a great deal. It's absolutely nuts out there - all cash deals for everything, coming from god-knows-where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC