Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I can co-sign on SW Waterfront, it's not hopping b/c nothing's happening at the moment, but in 5 years, people are going to be kicking themselves for not buying in when they still had a chance. It's still affordable compared to the rest of the city.
I agree. I chose not to move forward buying at CityCenter DC because I think the Wharf Project is going to be amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 11:59 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
outside of those weird co-ops theres just not much inventory at the moment
Yep, it's a problem. Also feel like the area missed out on a ton of business during the Inauguration earlier this year. I remember Safeway being packed, and Z-Burger/Subway were doing good business. The demand is there

Old 11-01-2013, 09:35 PM

8 posts, read 19,383 times
One thing about neighborhoods in DC is that it's tough to find an area that's both lively has a real neighborhood feel. That's because most of the lively areas are destinations where people who live elsewhere go to hang out- the businesses in Dupont, Adams Morgan, U St., etc. are more catering to people who come from other places to hang out there than people who live in the neighborhood. Not that that's the worst thing in the world or anything, but I think it does detract from the neighborhood feel.

That's why my favorite is Columbia Heights- very busy and lively, lots of stuff going on, but the people hanging out there are mostly people who live in the neighborhood. Mt. Pleasant and Cleveland Park are more toned down but similar in this respect.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
I like Lanier Heights. Interesting architecture with nice mix of classic DC rowhouses and fine old apartment buildings. Close to the Adams-Morgan clubs and bars but much quieter. Close to the Woodley Park metro. Close to Rock Creek Park. Major supermarket (Safeway) on Columbia Road. I live in Alexandria but if I were to ever move into the District it would be Lanier Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC