Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times

Advertisements

&Pizza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM

490 posts, read 649,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I'm pretty sure the best pizza I had in the city is at Germantown, MD at a gas station. I had pizza's in Chicago and NYC... That pretty much ruins everything.
Yeah, +1,000,000 on that

I've heard that Generous George's Positive Pizza Place is pretty good. However, they left DC and went to Herndon, near Dulles.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,855,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
I heard &pizza on 13th and U is very good, gotta try it.
It really is. Especially considering how small those ovens are. The best part is how many toppings you can get for no added charge.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:06 PM

50 posts, read 122,593 times
Another good place to get pizza, believe it or not, is Whole Foods in the prepared foods section. They make it for you there, or you can take it home and bake it. On Tuesday's it's BOGO. They're BIG!

Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,855,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsstriangle View Post
Another good place to get pizza, believe it or not, is Whole Foods in the prepared foods section. They make it for you there, or you can take it home and bake it. On Tuesday's it's BOGO. They're BIG!
Hey, don't tell people it's BOGO on Tuesdays. Not that many people know so I can usually get two.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:09 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
Yeah, +1,000,000 on that

I've heard that Generous George's Positive Pizza Place is pretty good. However, they left DC and went to Herndon, near Dulles.
lol no really, there is a pizza place in Germantown MD (Manginos Pizzeria) and they ain't cheap either, inside of a gas station. Those guys can really make some good pizza... but not pizza like NYC or Chicago.

It's the water. That's the conclusion that I came to.

The best Mexican place in MD? Inside of a liquor store, inside of a gas station in Rockville, MD. Nobody speaks English.

You have to really judge a pizza place by their cheese pizza. That's what I do anyways. If their cheese pizza tastes so good, you don't care if you gain 100 lbs by the end of the month, that's the place you should order (or avoid) from.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:57 PM

50 posts, read 122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
The best Mexican place in MD? Inside of a liquor store, inside of a gas station in Rockville, MD. Nobody speaks English.
Taco Bar!! That place is fantastic...and CLEAN. It's also bigger than you think it's going to be once you're inside.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsstriangle View Post
Taco Bar!! That place is fantastic...and CLEAN. It's also bigger than you think it's going to be once you're inside.
Best taco, ever.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,205 times
Giuseppe's Pizza by Rockville metro is the best pizza in the DC area hands down. Better than anything I've had in VA, DC proper or anywhere else in Maryland.

There are a few close seconds, but if you like NYC style pizza, giuseppe's is the place to go.

Its funny that someone brought up Whole Food's because I tried their pizza for the first time two weeks ago and it was actually very good. It's better than a lot of pizza places in DC. Kind of sad/funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC