Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,756,025 times

Advertisements

WHY!!!???!!!!

Are we some second class citizens? Second class Capitol to the world that doesn't deserve something like this? Are unemployed awesome designers that knows a friend who's a statistician can't ever, ever, and ever happen in DC like how this link shows us that it happened???? I'm going to dedicate myself to finding out statisticians in D.C. and having lunch with them for the next two years.

Poll Shows How New Yorkers Feel About Each Other - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,861,906 times
Um... it's surveymonkey. Go create your own poll. You'd have to pay for it, though. It'll cost at least $400, by my calculations assuming at least 400 responses to be scientific and $1+ a response.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
Um... it's surveymonkey. Go create your own poll. You'd have to pay for it, though. It'll cost at least $400, by my calculations assuming at least 400 responses to be scientific and $1+ a response.
Hey, thanks. Can I get that info to BI? Or do you work there. Yeh, 100 is good for Scientific analysis btw.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,861,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Hey, thanks. Can I get that info to BI? Or do you work there. Yeh, 100 is good for Scientific analysis btw.
I do not work there, but it says all of that on the website.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 14,154,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
WHY!!!???!!!!

Are we some second class citizens? Second class Capitol to the world that doesn't deserve something like this? Are unemployed awesome designers that knows a friend who's a statistician can't ever, ever, and ever happen in DC like how this link shows us that it happened???? I'm going to dedicate myself to finding out statisticians in D.C. and having lunch with them for the next two years.

Poll Shows How New Yorkers Feel About Each Other - Business Insider
Why are you so outraged? Because someone polled some New Yorkers about best restaurants and bars? And this outrages you because you haven't seen the same thing in DC? Wow, you may need to get your priorities in order.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:00 PM

2,044 posts, read 2,963,908 times
The reality is for social science surveys, the ideal is 1000+, and for participants to be randomly selected. Anything less is really not all that scientific as there is a large bias factor and a high P value. 100 is not really enough when doing surveys.

There is a ton of social scientists and statisticians in DC, it is really the top city for those in the field. I used to do quite a bit of it myself professionally before switching over to technology.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:45 PM

I think what I was getting to was that there are so much analysis of NYC, while DC seem to not getting any of social aspect of it out. I know, I said that DC isn't that sort of city, but I keep seeing other big cities and the people there willing to do more for their city, while DC isn't. I know DC has some things that's not available in other cities... and I like to know about it in a convenient package.

Just got frustrated for various reasons after seeing how awesome that was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC