Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 11:36 AM

2,044 posts, read 2,959,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
PG county has a lot of crime. Let's just face the facts.

Also why do you have to bring up race every chance you get?
Not all of PG, it has it's share of nice areas too.

With that being said, NW East of RCP you can find houses for about half a million, and if you get lucky, in a good area within a half mile from a metro station. Then again, you have to get exceptionally lucky. Even most houses in Takoma go for $600K-$800K these days, and it used to be one of the less expensive areas. How quickly things change. Thankfully, I got exceptionally lucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 12:11 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afer1500 View Post
I do not agree that DC has "the most gorgeous" women. Miami, LA and NYC has the most gorgeous women. I think NYC wins out only because the women are less pretentious than Miami and LA.

I don't think DC is even in the top 5. Otherwise I agree with the rest of the post.
That's strictly your opinion at the end of the day. IMO, DC girls do make the Top 5. But of course, it's strictly my opinion If you disagree, that's fine. It is what it is.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:11 PM

11 posts, read 14,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
The only cheap suburbs are fair from major employment areas or they are in crime filled communities such as PG County otherwise they would not be cheap!

Oh yes... I can see what you mean the Black folks in PGC sure do live in some Shyty neighborhoods don't they. SMFH

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM

31 posts, read 57,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
That's strictly your opinion at the end of the day. IMO, DC girls do make the Top 5. But of course, it's strictly my opinion If you disagree, that's fine. It is what it is.
Agreed. It's purely subjective.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
Not all of PG, it has it's share of nice areas too.

With that being said, NW East of RCP you can find houses for about half a million, and if you get lucky, in a good area within a half mile from a metro station. Then again, you have to get exceptionally lucky. Even most houses in Takoma go for $600K-$800K these days, and it used to be one of the less expensive areas. How quickly things change. Thankfully, I got exceptionally lucky
Exactly. Plus, DC still got plenty of crime too But just like PG, that's not stopping people from relocating there now is it?

Just like not all of DC is like Deanwood, Ivy City, Barry Farm, or Kenilworth. Not all of PG is like Suitland, Palmer Park, Capitol Heights, or Forestville.

Let's just face the facts

Last edited by tcave360; 02-04-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedc202 View Post
Oh yes... I can see what you mean the Black folks in PGC sure do live in some Shyty neighborhoods don't they. SMFH

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ
I had no idea the houses in Woodmore had such massive front lots!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afer1500 View Post
Agreed. It's purely subjective.
Yes. But I will admit though, them girls up in New York and over in LA were simply too die for!!! Especially in LA. From Santa Monica to Inglewood to Beverly Hills to The Grove, there were sooo many kinds of beauty of all races! Can't wait to go back! Now I already have a GF and I'm trying to do anything funny, but I can't help noticing things while I'm people-watching lol.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
^ you all forgot all about florida.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:42 PM

11 posts, read 14,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
PG county has a lot of crime. Let's just face the facts.

Also why do you have to bring up race every chance you get?

The facts are DC is statistically much more dangerous then PGC. Like most people new to the DC area you seem to have jumped on the propaganda bandwagon. I have family and friends that live in some beautiful neighborhoods in the county. If anything you had better worry about how safe DC is.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/fil.../2012_AR_1.pdf

Crime Statistics - Governor's Office of Crime Control & Prevention in Maryland

D.C. homicides up in 2013 after historic 2012 low - Washington Times
/?page=all

Prince George’s sees another record crime drop in 2013 -- Gazette.Net

http://bowie.patch.com/groups/police...c-lows-in-2013

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/01...ear-98790.html

Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedc202 View Post
the facts are dc is statistically much more dangerous then pgc. Like most people new to the dc area you seem to have jumped on the propaganda bandwagon. I have family and friends that live in some beautiful neighborhoods in the county. If anything you had better worry about how safe dc is.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/fil.../2012_ar_1.pdf

crime statistics - governor's office of crime control & prevention in maryland

d.c. Homicides up in 2013 after historic 2012 low - washington times
/?page=all

prince george’s sees another record crime drop in 2013 -- gazette.net

Prince George's Crime Rates Hit Historic Lows in 2013 - Police & Fire - Bowie, MD Patch

Prince George's County violent crime drops for 3rd straight year | WJLA.com
+1 face!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: