Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:58 AM

249 posts, read 398,415 times

Advertisements

Bowser got obliterated...... nice move by Gray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 06:37 AM

13,715 posts, read 15,667,821 times
What was said?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,967,033 times
I had never even heard of the Express until about a week ago. I don't see their endorsement as of much weight. This is particularly true given the Washington Post endorsement of Bowser.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:33 AM

354 posts, read 783,282 times
^i thought the Express was just a free condensed version of the Washington Post

Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 AM

Gray's campaign administration basically went in on her council staff and how it's one of worst. That and her inferior management experience, citing she only managed 3 or 4 people.
Given that, it states that she isn't ready to least the city, 645K+ people, 33K city employees, and a $10 billion budget.

I have to agree. Besides the election scandal, Gray has done a great job running city hall.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post
^i thought the Express was just a free condensed version of the Washington Post
Baby Einstein here is right.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,967,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEast Coast 202 View Post
Gray's campaign administration basically went in on her council staff and how it's one of worst. That and her inferior management experience, citing she only managed 3 or 4 people.
Given that, it states that she isn't ready to least the city, 645K+ people, 33K city employees, and a $10 billion budget.

I have to agree. Besides the election scandal, Gray has done a great job running city hall.
You mean other than being a felon, he's a fine fellow?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM

153 posts, read 305,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
I had never even heard of the Express until about a week ago. I don't see their endorsement as of much weight. This is particularly true given the Washington Post endorsement of Bowser.
DC Express is the free newspaper that is distributed by the men in yellow vests on weekday mornings at every single Metro station in DC. They have THOUSANDS of yellow news stands all over the District on most street corners. It is a condensed free version of the Washington Post read by tens of thousands on a daily basis.

I saw this cover dogging Bowser as well this morning and thought it was misleading as it was really just a "Wrap Around" cover ad. The "real" cover was the next page of Bryce Harper and the Nationals. The cover ad dogging Bowser made it look like it was an actual news headline and that the paper was supporting this. Kinda sneaky but great move by Grey (even if I'd like to see him voted out).

Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,452,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEast Coast 202 View Post
I have to disagree. Gray's election scandal carried right over into his appointments to city hall with the Sulaimon Brown appointment. There is no lack of coverage of his appointment of people without any qualificiations to high ranking, high paying positions, including people with criminal records.

I'm not a cronyism or nepotism alarmist. Hiring people you know and trust vs. strangers is a natural thing for anyone despite the headline-grabbing nature of the practice. However, if you hire a college buddy (for example) to an influential position in the Dept. of Health, he better damn well have been getting his MD or MPH. In Gray's case, he appointed more than a few people whose sole qualification appeared to be supporting Mayor Gray's election.

The only thing that turned Gray's practices around was public pressure coming from the coverage of his appointees ineptitude. You don't get a gold star for that.

Gray has been taking a ride on the wave of positive developments that were hard fought by previous mayors. Gray has been very good at is taking credit for everything, but his greatest accomplishment, in my opinion, is that he hasn't derailed many things.

Jonetta Rose Barras: Vincent Gray, the great appropriator - The Washington Post

Old 03-28-2014, 11:47 AM

720 posts, read 1,552,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
I have to disagree. Gray's election scandal carried right over into his appointments to city hall with the Sulaimon Brown appointment. There is no lack of coverage of his appointment of people without any qualificiations to high ranking, high paying positions, including people with criminal records.

I'm not a cronyism or nepotism alarmist. Hiring people you know and trust vs. strangers is a natural thing for anyone despite the headline-grabbing nature of the practice. However, if you hire a college buddy (for example) to an influential position in the Dept. of Health, he better damn well have been getting his MD or MPH. In Gray's case, he appointed more than a few people whose sole qualification appeared to be supporting Mayor Gray's election.

The only thing that turned Gray's practices around was public pressure coming from the coverage of his appointees ineptitude. You don't get a gold star for that.

Gray has been taking a ride on the wave of positive developments that were hard fought by previous mayors. Gray has been very good at is taking credit for everything, but his greatest accomplishment, in my opinion, is that he hasn't derailed many things.

Jonetta Rose Barras: Vincent Gray, the great appropriator - The Washington Post
which is why I think he did a fine job running the city. He simply didn't **** things up that were already in motion. With the positive direction the city is going, what major shakeups are really needed right now?

and not only that. in the grand scheme of things, to pretend that none of the other candidates have any dirty laundry is delusional. Outside of any moral compass let's be honest the pool of candidates for this democratic primary is pretty ****ty. Bowser tying and even leading in some polls is pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: