Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 PM

249 posts, read 399,188 times

Advertisements

Yac is gonna shut it down.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:25 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Absolutely, +1

Sadly, some people seem to be ignorant of such truths.
Agreed.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:41 PM

587 posts, read 1,410,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
DC never had a working class white ethnic community like cities further north did. Thats mainly bc DC is a govt town, there were no hard factories here. DC always had soft sissy pretentious yuppies its just before 2008-2009 they werent trying to colonize and overrun every working class and poor neighborhood east of 16th street.....

But DC blacks are some of the craziest mfers on the east coast......They get into with Baltimore people almost every time they see each other and NY dope boys and fly guys get robbed ALOT down there.....they just dont act untouchable like NYers and they dont walk around angry all day and all night like Philly folks lol
This is true. DC's white population tends to be very snooty, upper middle class/wealthy and most of all passive aggressive in their elitist behaviors. White yuppies in DC will not cuss you out at the drop of hat, sit on their horns and get out of their cars and want to fight you in the middle of traffic like New Yorkers. Baltimore has some pretty rough lower-income predominantly white areas full of thuggish types in the southern part of town (i.e. Pigtown) and spilling out into bordering Baltimore County (i.e. Lansdowne, Essex, Dundalk). People of all races are tough in Philly.

You are correct that flashy ghetto NYers get robbed and killed at high rates in DC. Read DC homicide logs and many times it reads so-and-so of Brooklyn, NY was shot and killed in NE DC last night. What happened to Harlem rapper Cam'Ron at Howard Homecoming in 2005 was the perfect example. A guy from Harlem who regularly wears pink mink coats and drives with an entourage of pink Range Rovers driving a brand new Lamborghini through NE DC at night during Howard Homecoming weekend almost gets carjacked and killed? What a shocker there. Many New Yorkers stick out like sorethumbs in the District and don't know how to tone down their over-the-top Big Apple attitude, unfounded superiority complex and outlandish fashion sense and behavior when in DC.

As far as DC having a real ethnic Asian enclave, its never going to happen. DC is a white/black city, period. Even DC's Chinatown is dominated by whites and blacks. White Capitals fans flooding in and out of the Verizon center getting drunk at the bars on 7th Street. Black hoodrats hanging out on the strip outside of the Metro. The crazy unintentionally hilarious black overweight Israelite School of Practical Knowledge racists spewing their unfiltered hate over speakerphones dressed in Parliament Funkadelic-esque costumes.

But West Coast cities are often the opposite. In San Francisco, historically black neighborhoods like the Fillmore are dominated by whites and Asians like most of the city. I remember riding the number five Fulton bus through the Fillmore and hearing an obviously mentally disturbed old angry black lady chastise the Middle Eastern bus driver for not being comfortable driving through a "black neighborhood" while I look around at the Fillmore district from my bus seat and see almost no black people on the streets or on the bus.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
This is true. DC's white population tends to be very snooty, upper middle class/wealthy and most of all passive aggressive in their elitist behaviors. White yuppies in DC will not cuss you out at the drop of hat, sit on their horns and get out of their cars and want to fight you in the middle of traffic like New Yorkers. Baltimore has some pretty rough lower-income predominantly white areas full of thuggish types in the southern part of town (i.e. Pigtown) and spilling out into bordering Baltimore County (i.e. Lansdowne, Essex, Dundalk). People of all races are tough in Philly.

You are correct that flashy ghetto NYers get robbed and killed at high rates in DC. Read DC homicide logs and many times it reads so-and-so of Brooklyn, NY was shot and killed in NE DC last night. What happened to Harlem rapper Cam'Ron at Howard Homecoming in 2005 was the perfect example. A guy from Harlem who regularly wears pink mink coats and drives with an entourage of pink Range Rovers driving a brand new Lamborghini through NE DC at night during Howard Homecoming weekend almost gets carjacked and killed? What a shocker there. Many New Yorkers stick out like sorethumbs in the District and don't know how to tone down their over-the-top Big Apple attitude, unfounded superiority complex and outlandish fashion sense and behavior when in DC.

As far as DC having a real ethnic Asian enclave, its never going to happen. DC is a white/black city, period. Even DC's Chinatown is dominated by whites and blacks. White Capitals fans flooding in and out of the Verizon center getting drunk at the bars on 7th Street. Black hoodrats hanging out on the strip outside of the Metro. The crazy unintentionally hilarious black overweight Israelite School of Practical Knowledge racists spewing their unfiltered hate over speakerphones dressed in Parliament Funkadelic-esque costumes.

But West Coast cities are often the opposite. In San Francisco, historically black neighborhoods like the Fillmore are dominated by whites and Asians like most of the city. I remember riding the number five Fulton bus through the Fillmore and hearing an obviously mentally disturbed old angry black lady chastise the Middle Eastern bus driver for not being comfortable driving through a "black neighborhood" while I look around at the Fillmore district from my bus seat and see almost no black people on the streets or on the bus.
Ironically, Chinatown (I believe it used to be 9 blocks bigger back in the '90s) used to be a large German enclave and the original Chinatown used to be where L'Enfant Plaza currently is.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:36 PM

536 posts, read 610,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Ironically, Chinatown (I believe it used to be 9 blocks bigger back in the '90s) used to be a large German enclave and the original Chinatown used to be where L'Enfant Plaza currently is.
Correct. In fact, I just visited the German-American Heritage museum a few weeks ago! In Chinatown.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 AM

249 posts, read 399,188 times
I hate to say it but I think DC and the DMV has more in common with Atlanta than any other city, especially compared to the cities north of it.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEast Coast 202 View Post
I hate to say it but I think DC and the DMV has more in common with Atlanta than any other city, especially compared to the cities north of it.
Explain if you would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: