Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's Bad?
Man 5 62.50%
Woman 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 02:14 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,579,711 times

Advertisements

The metro was full during rush hour. There were no more empty seats and people had to stand.

White man was sitting at a window seat and he had a big/full book bag next to him occupying the seat next to him. A black woman walk up to him and yelled "MOVE YOU BAG!!!" He quickly moved him back and put it on his labs, and responded "you could have ask and not yell."

Both could have done things differently, but if you HAVE to pick one, who's bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 03:05 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
Not picking - BOTH (he shouldn't take up a seat for his bag, same as women that put their "purses" that are the size of an overnighter on a seat) - I understand her frustration though at his obliviousness

Old 10-31-2015, 04:51 AM

832 posts, read 1,418,305 times
I say he's bad.

I'm tired of people on the metro carrying two bags and a suitcase. I get it. You've got "files" on your suitcase. You're all important and you "telework" and you're helping the green economy by doing this two or three times a week. But for crying out loud, take a cab or drive and put all your bags in a trunk and be greener so the metro can carry more than just your friggen bags.

The metro wasn't designed for that kind of workload. It was designed for one person, one brief case. Not one person with a suit case, a back pack and a bag or two.

I often wonder what is in those bags that the two baggers carry. Is your lunch the size of a buffet? Do you need three pairs of shoes for an 8 hour a day office job? Is one a bug bag because you're expecting zombies on the metro? Super sized kleenex and socks? A gallon of water? Do you not have someplace at work to hang a sweater or jacket? Are there that many potluck lunches every day that you're required to bring in a casserole dish plus cookies?

WTH is in all your bags bag people?????

That being said, she was rude in shouting.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:11 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,218,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You must be a miserable individual.

Do you feel better now?

Based on the amount of blacks I see riding the METRO, I would venture to guess they have it all figured out just fine.
If he or she wants to act like an entitled punkass prick behind a computer screen ranting obscenities about my fellow Melanated "sub humans", he or she should go do that garbage on the comment sections of Yahoo or YouTube within the company of "like-minded" people, this site is too well-governed (for the most part) for his ilk.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:21 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times
See this is the problem with America and with people in general. Using race as an explanation to things that have nothing to do with race.

Being uneducated and incompetent is not caused by being a certain race. It is caused by growing up in a certain environment and embracing a certain culture.

Incompetence is something that occurs world wide and it is not related to race at all. You sound dumber than the people you are accusing of being dumb. Ironically.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-01-2015 at 04:58 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 03:16 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,728,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
The metro was full during rush hour. There were no more empty seats and people had to stand.

White man was sitting at a window seat and he had a big/full book bag next to him occupying the seat next to him. A black woman walk up to him and yelled "MOVE YOU BAG!!!" He quickly moved him back and put it on his labs, and responded "you could have ask and not yell."

Both could have done things differently, but if you HAVE to pick one, who's bad?
Both. Douche move to block a seat with your stuff when the car is full. But "Can I sit here?" would have sufficed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
I say he's bad. I'm tired of people on the metro carrying two bags and a suitcase. I get it. You've got "files" on your suitcase. You're all important and you "telework" and you're helping the green economy by doing this two or three times a week. But for crying out loud, take a cab or drive and put all your bags in a trunk and be greener so the metro can carry more than just your friggen bags.

The metro wasn't designed for that kind of workload. It was designed for one person, one brief case. Not one person with a suit case, a back pack and a bag or two.

I often wonder what is in those bags that the two baggers carry. Is your lunch the size of a buffet? Do you need three pairs of shoes for an 8 hour a day office job? Is one a bug bag because you're expecting zombies on the metro? Super sized kleenex and socks? A gallon of water? Do you not have someplace at work to hang a sweater or jacket? Are there that many potluck lunches every day that you're required to bring in a casserole dish plus cookies?

WTH is in all your bags bag people????? That being said, she was rude in shouting.

AMEN! I have said this SO many times--even just in my office building. I work from home--and all I take home is a tiny laptop in a small nylon bag. Why do people (and the fact is, it's mostly women) need this giant pull-behind? Are you so lazy you can't carry a laptop? Workout clothes and your lunch shouldn't require more than a small duffel and a sack. I think these people are basically hoarders--of paperwork.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:58 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,185,740 times
People are going to have luggage. People are going to have strollers. People are going to be in scooters and wheelchairs. The thing here is called "adapting". As in trying to be accommodating toward all those who are on your car with you. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Good for your blood pressure as well.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:13 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,728,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
People are going to have luggage. People are going to have strollers. People are going to be in scooters and wheelchairs. The thing here is called "adapting". As in trying to be accommodating toward all those who are on your car with you. It's easy once you get the hang of it. Good for your blood pressure as well.
Someone in a wheelchair has no choice. Someone going to the airport has to take luggage. Someone going to/from work does not need to bring a god***n suitcase. It's inconsiderate to others.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:08 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,531,569 times
I don't why it was necessary to include their race.

It was clearly his fault. That's an obnoxious thing to do on a rush hour train. He probably deserved to be hit.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:51 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,809,331 times
you people are just to uptight and p offed. lol and yah its rude to be sporting ur bags n stuff on the train wen you only asking to be robbed. and yah this isn’t the airport. its like who wants to carry all that stuff around all day. see thats why you dc folks are so uptight and irritated. carrying round all that baggage all day and hatin on others. NYC folks are no better lol. I always avoid the trains. just the bus. DC/MD area is like everybody is got a chip on they shoulders for no reason. and they all say… We are intelligent and you have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC