Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 06:18 PM

9 posts, read 12,143 times

Advertisements

Dating is obviously a really hard thing to state anything about that would apply to everyone. It's dependent on your personality, confidence, interests, experience with dating, ideology, general attitudes on everyday things, obviously. However, I was really surprised that the one time I did go to DC in January, during a snowstorm, I met a very nice woman at a karaoke bar near Dupont and we had a great time and kept in contact after I got back to Iowa. This is one of the big reasons I am actually excited to be coming to DC. She left a good impression.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I agree. I was in VA this weekend and saw gorgeous women galore and the guys they were with were not attractive at all or not even as close as them. Evidently I don't understand attraction at all as I sat there and scratched my head and wondered to myself what these guys have that I don't. At the same time I rarely see these smoke shows online and I find it very doubtful these guys approached them in a random setting since they didn't appear to be the types to have a pair. I'm still trying to figure out where to meet the women I see in NOVA.
Well.. women are not usually as into looks at men. They are usually more interested in how a man can improve their life or give them something they don't already have.

I figured this out a long time ago.. and so I never get confused when I see hot women with ugly men. Another factor is stability. A hot woman knows a good looking guy can easily cheat or run off. An ugly guy probably has no better options than her so he will stick around.

But it all depends on which life stage the woman is in. Early 20's goes mostly for good looking men. After 27 they look more for stability/reliability/$$$ you know....

Old 06-15-2015, 09:26 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
This guy is a fake. Man....get off of here with all the crazy talk.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
This guy is a fake. Man....get off of here with all the crazy talk.
What did I say that was crazy?

Old 06-18-2015, 11:04 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Ok, now I am back with some perspective after putting some things together. I dug up some online profiles and will break it down.

We obviously know what the culture of DC is all about. Therefore, the obnoxious statement of DC is just like any other city is wrong. Different textures produce different ways of life. People come here for work, not play so you will not have an overly abundance of the play/casual types. What you have mostly in the City Center are the driven ones. And these types are not treated the same as someone who grew up on a farm who has no desire to live in the city. But many men will cast it and throw everything in one bucket saying that “a man is too weak if he is afraid to date an educated and driven woman”. Same way a Miami bottle model for hire is treated totally differently than little Suzy from Upstate Michigan. Same way dating a female police officer/state attorney like Mosby is not the same as dating a cosmetic attendant at the mall.

Here is a post that while not all the same, many of the surrounding area profiles read similarly. So let’s dissect a bit what this woman really means shall we?

Quoting word for word- “I have no hidden agendas. I work and hang out with family and friends most of the time. Other than that I am home with my mini-poodle Hollywood. I love to cook and bake. I am single because I spent most of my life building my career, and now I want to focus on my personal life. I am a very open person and would like the same in a mate. Of course I want someone equally yoked, but I also want a friend. My week consists of working and working out M-F. I want a God-fearing, chivalrous, calm, thoughtful, affectionate, honest, understanding, loyal, patient, respective, partner who remains that way even through rough patches.

Keywords/phrases that describe me: Morally grounded, loyal, honest, emotionally healthy, stable, Christian, financially stable, self-aware, foodie, morning person. “– End quote

Now, many men will think to themselves that she is the ultimate catch. While it may be for them, it is not for everyone. I personally never grew up around that type of woman but however, I have to work with them and this profile reads like a resume. But it comes from lack of experience as she admits. Also, a big red flag is that at age 32, she is now deciding to focus on a relationship despite all this time fighting nature. But unfortunately this is what DC does to people, both men and women. Yes she is driven but to me as a mate for ME, she is damaged goods and I am sure a prize for another. You can’t keep a relationship with that unless you have patience as she asks. But ain’t nobody got time to teach a grown woman how to behave as a mate. And just like a lot of driven women in DC, they will keep you on a schedule, break down the economy, zoning, statistics, and break out facts. And I am sure they can get deep and have social conversations but that energy that they give off doesn’t allow the man to take the lead. She openly admitted why she is single at 32, there is no hiding the fact. However, you must understand the result of such…. She says she works out M-F, hangs out with family and friends most of the time but doesn’t even seek a mat? And it’s only now you are deciding to seek a mate and expect things to fall into your lap? You can't just get up and start dating after 15 years of being isolated. Btw, the "love to cook and bake" line is to "seem down to earth and feminine" and to take away from all those years chasing her career with such masculine energy.

So this post is two folded- to give the perspective onto those that don’t truly know and 2ndly to explain to the defenders of these types of women that not everyone has the patience to teach old dogs new tricks. BUT, IT IS NOT TO SAY ALL WOMEN OF DC ARE LIKE THIS or that many women can't do both but it's hard especially in bigger inner cities. Also, DC is so centralized that you get more of it here especially in the power capital. They are less like this the further away from city center.

My step mother is an OBGYN with her own Clinic in a rough part of the Bronx NY and is a mother's mother having been brought up in an old school/traditional Caribbean household in Jamaica but couldn't save her marriage because she didn't know how to balance being a wife/mother/Business owner all at once when she and my father met in their 30s. She was more worried about the kids and the job than saving the relationship or meeting my father's needs when he was planning out his life. Now that the kids are grown and being in her early 60s, she can handle the Clinic and her relationship much better because the man she with is a bit older, also in his 60s, and more patient than my father but she is still having major depression breakdowns.....

Old 06-21-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Ok, now I am back with some perspective after putting some things together. I dug up some online profiles and will break it down.

We obviously know what the culture of DC is all about. Therefore, the obnoxious statement of DC is just like any other city is wrong. Different textures produce different ways of life. People come here for work, not play so you will not have an overly abundance of the play/casual types. What you have mostly in the City Center are the driven ones. And these types are not treated the same as someone who grew up on a farm who has no desire to live in the city. But many men will cast it and throw everything in one bucket saying that “a man is too weak if he is afraid to date an educated and driven woman”. Same way a Miami bottle model for hire is treated totally differently than little Suzy from Upstate Michigan. Same way dating a female police officer/state attorney like Mosby is not the same as dating a cosmetic attendant at the mall.

Here is a post that while not all the same, many of the surrounding area profiles read similarly. So let’s dissect a bit what this woman really means shall we?

Quoting word for word- “I have no hidden agendas. I work and hang out with family and friends most of the time. Other than that I am home with my mini-poodle Hollywood. I love to cook and bake. I am single because I spent most of my life building my career, and now I want to focus on my personal life. I am a very open person and would like the same in a mate. Of course I want someone equally yoked, but I also want a friend. My week consists of working and working out M-F. I want a God-fearing, chivalrous, calm, thoughtful, affectionate, honest, understanding, loyal, patient, respective, partner who remains that way even through rough patches.

Keywords/phrases that describe me: Morally grounded, loyal, honest, emotionally healthy, stable, Christian, financially stable, self-aware, foodie, morning person. “– End quote

Now, many men will think to themselves that she is the ultimate catch. While it may be for them, it is not for everyone. I personally never grew up around that type of woman but however, I have to work with them and this profile reads like a resume. But it comes from lack of experience as she admits. Also, a big red flag is that at age 32, she is now deciding to focus on a relationship despite all this time fighting nature. But unfortunately this is what DC does to people, both men and women. Yes she is driven but to me as a mate for ME, she is damaged goods and I am sure a prize for another. You can’t keep a relationship with that unless you have patience as she asks. But ain’t nobody got time to teach a grown woman how to behave as a mate. And just like a lot of driven women in DC, they will keep you on a schedule, break down the economy, zoning, statistics, and break out facts. And I am sure they can get deep and have social conversations but that energy that they give off doesn’t allow the man to take the lead. She openly admitted why she is single at 32, there is no hiding the fact. However, you must understand the result of such…. She says she works out M-F, hangs out with family and friends most of the time but doesn’t even seek a mat? And it’s only now you are deciding to seek a mate and expect things to fall into your lap? You can't just get up and start dating after 15 years of being isolated. Btw, the "love to cook and bake" line is to "seem down to earth and feminine" and to take away from all those years chasing her career with such masculine energy.

So this post is two folded- to give the perspective onto those that don’t truly know and 2ndly to explain to the defenders of these types of women that not everyone has the patience to teach old dogs new tricks. BUT, IT IS NOT TO SAY ALL WOMEN OF DC ARE LIKE THIS or that many women can't do both but it's hard especially in bigger inner cities. Also, DC is so centralized that you get more of it here especially in the power capital. They are less like this the further away from city center.

My step mother is an OBGYN with her own Clinic in a rough part of the Bronx NY and is a mother's mother having been brought up in an old school/traditional Caribbean household in Jamaica but couldn't save her marriage because she didn't know how to balance being a wife/mother/Business owner all at once when she and my father met in their 30s. She was more worried about the kids and the job than saving the relationship or meeting my father's needs when he was planning out his life. Now that the kids are grown and being in her early 60s, she can handle the Clinic and her relationship much better because the man she with is a bit older, also in his 60s, and more patient than my father but she is still having major depression breakdowns.....
The good thing about "busy" women is you can date like 3 or 4 at once and they never notice.

In some ways its better for men, because we can have a different girl for each day of the week. Assuming we have the time for it haha.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:54 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Well.. women are not usually as into looks at men. They are usually more interested in how a man can improve their life or give them something they don't already have.

I figured this out a long time ago.. and so I never get confused when I see hot women with ugly men. Another factor is stability. A hot woman knows a good looking guy can easily cheat or run off. An ugly guy probably has no better options than her so he will stick around.

But it all depends on which life stage the woman is in. Early 20's goes mostly for good looking men. After 27 they look more for stability/reliability/$$$ you know....
I'd agree with this.

In my experiences if you're looking to hook up or just date DC can be fun. If you're looking for a wife I'd recommend hitting up the burbs (both MD and VA) since I find the women less jaded, career focused, and much more feminine than the majority you'll find in DC.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Lots of pretty women out there. All you can do is speak to them and see what happens. Just be a man.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:30 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Lots of pretty women out there. All you can do is speak to them and see what happens. Just be a man.
Agreed

Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
True... We can go into all types of cultural, character, attitude, and talk of looks but as you said, it all comes down to talking to them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC