Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 10:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
DC needs more bachelors.
Found a couple yesterday just out walking around. Or, they found me. One was entirely too young (for me that means younger than early 40s, and he was about 30), and was most likely just flirting. The other one was in his late 40s/early 50s. Regardless, I disengaged both with a pleasant, "Enjoy your day!" because I'm not dating for the time being.

Best part is I'm not exceptionally good-looking. Just happy to be here, and it probably shows.

P.S. My phone was nowhere in sight when both approached. I'm convinced that a lot of people who complain about not being able to connect with people never really look anyone else in the eye because they are too busy with their phones.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:46 PM

814 posts, read 911,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Snap, I was hoping you were into Japanese . I have a 2JZGE and have a valve cover gasket leak. I was going to take it to the shop but I picked up a manual and will take it on myself.

Changing oil with ole girl is actually a nice Saturday morning affair- followed by all you can eat at IHOP... Deeelicious!
Indeed

Old 10-29-2015, 05:59 PM

417 posts, read 594,514 times
Jasperjade, maybe they were just being friendly. It doesn't sound like they were remotely interested. Did they ask you out? They probably are married, have girlfriends or are gay. I am not sure what you were "disengaging."

Old 10-29-2015, 06:16 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Apparently, she thinks anyone just being friendly wants to hook up?

Old 10-29-2015, 09:08 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,521,692 times
Quote:
Jasperjade, maybe they were just being friendly. It doesn't sound like they were remotely interested. Did they ask you out? They probably are married, have girlfriends or are gay. I am not sure what you were "disengaging."
Hahahahaha.. your pessimism just doesn't quit. Doom and gloom. Its kind of cute at this point.

But in this case I agree with you. Just because a man engages you instead of ignoring your existence.. it doesn't necessarily mean he is hitting on you or is attracted to you.

I do it all the time. I even flirt sometimes with women I am not interested in at all. Mostly I just enjoy female energy.. even if it doesn't lead to the bedroom. Women are fun to interact with! Shocker right?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:12 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times
Quote:
The ratio is so bad in DC that a man can be a troll and land a great catch.
Yup! Troll on Troll on might I say!

Quote:
DC needs more bachelors. The ratio is so bad in DC that a man can be a troll and land a great catch. I know guys that have moved to DC that couldn't get a date until they moved to DC. I know women that work in DC that work in male dominated fields that can't find anyone because men know they can play the field.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Muffy1, you got it all wrong! DC needs more straight, heterosexual straight men! There is a very large contingency of gay men in the district that are dating, and now, marrying other gay men.

Question? So, you're not going to explain to me that this isn't competition for women when they are searching for husbands?

Quote:
DC needs more bachelors. The ratio is so bad in DC that a man can be a troll and land a great catch. I know guys that have moved to DC that couldn't get a date until they moved to DC. I know women that work in DC that work in male dominated fields that can't find anyone because men know they can play the field.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:20 PM

She's not being realistic when it comes to this whole situation. Not taking account other working dynamics that is hurting woman's choices and decisions on finding mates. It's not just the ratio, or the quality of men that are available; other variables are at play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Hahahahaha.. your pessimism just doesn't quit. Doom and gloom. Its kind of cute at this point.

But in this case I agree with you. Just because a man engages you instead of ignoring your existence.. it doesn't necessarily mean he is hitting on you or is attracted to you.

I do it all the time. I even flirt sometimes with women I am not interested in at all. Mostly I just enjoy female energy.. even if it doesn't lead to the bedroom. Women are fun to interact with! Shocker right?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:

I know women that work in DC that work in male dominated fields that can't
find anyone because men know they can play the field.
*Well, that is quite unfortunate that these women feel this way. Some men like playing the field and don't want to be tied down to just one woman.

Quote:

Old 10-30-2015, 02:39 PM

Correct!!! DC has a lot of men, males and shims! And truth bares witness, that some of these men want other men as mates. That is cold hard reality straight women can't seem to except on how this arrangement might decrease their pool of eligible men to engage with. This is not a statement against gay men or the lifestyles they lead, but, it's a staunch reality on how this impacts other relationships. It's the same way the mass incarceration of Black males in US pri$ons, is playing a supporting role in the sustainability of Black families (this includes marriage and pro-creation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
DC has a lot of bachelors. But you probably don't count them because they are working at 7-11 or driving your Uber.

You are too entitled. I remember asking you what YOU bring to the table and you still haven't responded. You just keep going on and on about how you are a victim of outside factors. Nevermind ever looking in the mirror for even a second and taking SOME responsibility for your situation.

Sheeesh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: