Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 10:37 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times

Advertisements

Interesting graphic.
Attached Thumbnails
Single women don't move to DC unless you want to stay single-singles-map-20150120_page_05.jpg  

Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
The guys on this thread are so typical of DC. I don't think you know what you want and if you do she doesn't exist. You all are saying you want a woman that cooks and cleans BUT is a careerist BUT she has to be balanced and always put you first BUT she can't be a doormat. Also while she is cooking, cleaning, tending to your every need she should workout everyday to maintain her size 2 figure. Basically a woman in DC has to be a cook in the kitchen, a lady in the parlor and a ***** in the bedroom. You want us to do all this in a day.
Got your letters reversed. Actually, some of the guys on this thread are typical of CD, not DC. You'll find those types all over the Relationships threads, and they're from all over the country. I don't think this is a DC-specific trait, but an inexperienced, unrealistic, demanding asshat-specific trait. Good thing most people a woman in her 30s, 40s, and 50s encounters aren't going to be inexperienced, unrealistic, demanding asshats.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,628,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
The guys on this thread are so typical of DC. I don't think you know what you want and if you do she doesn't exist. You all are saying you want a woman that cooks and cleans BUT is a careerist BUT she has to be balanced and always put you first BUT she can't be a doormat. Also while she is cooking, cleaning, tending to your every need she should workout everyday to maintain her size 2 figure. Basically a woman in DC has to be a cook in the kitchen, a lady in the parlor and a ***** in the bedroom. You want us to do all this in a day.

My day starts at 4 AM so I can get to work by 7:30. I am in traffic for at least an hour one way so 2.5 hrs of my day is in traffic. By the time I get home i am beat. Life is expensive for a single person in DC and to make ends meet I have to work hard. Don't you all live in the same city. Maybe you are all just fortunate and have alot of time on your hands. Ladies like I said don't move here if you don't have to. It's expensive and the traffic is insane. People are transient so making real friends is difficult. People are cold and rude but people for some reason want to be hard. I wish I could tell my 20 something self to avoid this place like the plague. I am now in my early 40s single, childless and working with mean people. It's great in your 20s but i have too much invested here. There are too few men here and the ones that are available want the perfect woman or more than likely they are gay.
Guys on this thread are typical of guys on planet Earth. You're right, some of us don't know what we want but that goes for women too. I'm 37 and will flat out admit that the thought of having a long-term relationship sounds great. However, when I'm dating someone I'm impatient, set in my ways in most cases, and always find myself looking at other women. In all reality though, you never stop looking at attractive people even when you're with someone. In most instance you don't act on it if you're seeing someone you really like or love. I don't recall any guy on here looking for someone to cook or clean. This isn't the 50's.

From reading your rants this is the conclusion I've come to about you. You're overweight since you keep mentioning size 2 women and models while at the same time yearning for the attention of men who value physical fitness and are most likely physically attractive compared to the general population. This upsets you because it's rare these guys give you the time of day. It's safe to say you're bitter because you don't fit the mold of the kind of men you're attracted to and instead of adjusting your standards you'd rather be bitter and negative. Since you're bitter and negative you're not going to attract any kind of man even if you decide to adjust your standards. Your life is no different than most people living in the city. Traffic, long hours, challenges finding someone, etc. You're no outlier. You're just focused on the problem and not the solution.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:50 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Interesting graphic.
...that flies right out the window the minute a woman creates a profile on a dating site.

Also, don't confuse demographics with desire. You might be surprised how many of those "surplus" women (for want of a better term) can't be bothered with dating.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:53 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
But you know I can't keep at that lol.

Guys that pull chicks just don't wake up and are great at it. They spend countless of days working and learning the system. Most people will say oh, that is not true. But they haven't worked the system by taking daily notes so how would they know?

Here is a problem- people don't adapt and learn their playing grounds. They come in and expect everything is going to be the same across the board. This is isn't true. You first have to understand the top cultural texture (by those who have conformed to the current landscape) then dive deeper into the lower spectrum and getting to know those that haven't yet conformed to the environment.

But here is also the thing- a lot of people don't analyze at all. If I take you and put you in a different state, I can't expect that you operate the same as you do in DC. Different turf, different terms. You have to learn and adjust to the market (just like business) You have to study the social scene and know what makes people tick. Even though they come from other places, many establish this "herd" mentality and follow the crowd- why you see the same type of top slider boat shoes, etc.

But the "backwash" effect that I often speak about is that people in DC try to fight the system but their true nature always comes out and they always end up showing their cards. It never fails. But most people don't pick these things up because they are not cognizant of their own social IQ level.

Like Gary V states- your hustle and drive is not predicated on your zip code.. Same goes for dating. 99% of people are not hustling and expecting for things to fall into place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIJElPStJpg

Old 11-06-2015, 11:15 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Muffy1- Here is another example and watch how I break it down. He explains how Obama delivers his speeches to captivate the audience and in turn how people can use this to attract others.

However, most DC flow chart readers will not even press play and automatically assume that this guy is a geezer and is wrong about Obama's delivery. On the other hand, those with moderate to high social IQs and are open to understanding social dynamics, will take pieces from this and apply it to their specified areas of life- whether business, sports, school, relationships, etc. And that is the difference in thinking. It's not automatic that you wake up and learn how to communicate effectively. It's a process you have to learn, apply, and assess.

He compares men are only talking about deep conversations and what they do for work is the same as Obama speaking about the details in a speech. Nobody wants to hear about your intelligent job in deep details all the time because you lose them. It doesn't captivate interests. Sure with some but not with as many as you could be- that is the point. But many man don't know this. And if you are the type to say "well that is common sense", you are the type that can't relate to the fact that people pay $500 up to $1k for a weekend seminar plus outing to hear this guy and others speak...

But here is what many others will miss- He focuses on "intelligent talk" because he is taking to the demographic while he is in DC. Now do you get it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLwYcMVB5lo

Last edited by halfamazing; 11-06-2015 at 11:23 AM..

Old 11-06-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
...that flies right out the window the minute a woman creates a profile on a dating site.

Also, don't confuse demographics with desire. You might be surprised how many of those "surplus" women (for want of a better term) can't be bothered with dating.
That is true everywhere, doesn't change the fact that for a single, retired man such as myself the odds are much better in those pink cities. Especially on the East Coast.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 PM

More data for DC

37,532 married couples with children.
51,367 single-parent households (5,912 men, 45,455 women).[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/housing/hou...#ixzz3qkJOLFhh

Males: 306,147 (47.4%)Females: 340,302 (52.6%)

For population 25 years and over in Washington:

• High school or higher: 90.1%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 55.1%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 32.4%
  • Unemployed: 8.4%
  • Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Washington city:

• Never married: 54.7%
  • Now married: 29.0%
  • Separated: 2.4%
  • Widowed: 4.2%
  • Divorced: 9.7%
[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Washin...#ixzz3qkJxoBAf

[/LEFT]

Old 11-10-2015, 11:31 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
How come these women don't like to cook anymore?!!

They act like it's blasphemy.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:34 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And if a man grew up with his mother cooking from a recipe cook book handed down for generations on end, and every time you go to xmas dinner you are munching on his mother's chicken bones, and all you can cook is macaroni, how do you fit in his world? What are you doing for him? And here is what you are not getting- of course we know it's all a good joke but the more women post these things, the more they show their cards. Women ain't looking at you- men are. Us men are the perceivers, not women. Although we may be conditioned over the years, you can't remove our genetic code that has been engrained in us for many years. Women have had to step up their game and gain equality, not men. We are not fighting for anything but yet you want us to change?

Chriz said just like steve harvey says here with these women that have 43 point lists- "women are not willing to do for men as they want men to do for them"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSq4RPWfrz8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: